• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So the notorioius 2-hole Kops Park can't have its own course page,

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhgonzo

Double Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
but a 3-holer qualifies? Course Description: 3 baskets, no tees. It's not really a course but it is a kind of nifty place to practice your putters and mid ranges.

I vote we bring back the Kops page!!! :p

should we add Kopps, or remove these courses? What is the limit?

I say list them all. It is at least somewhere to throw a disc at a basket. It would be funny if someone gave that 3 holer a 5 disc rating, and then added it to their favorites list and claimed it as their home course.:D

It should have at least 5 holes to have it's only DGCR page.

I thought the course had to be 9 or atleast in the process of becoming a 9 holer.
There should be some standards, I could go out and buy 3 instep baskets and chain them to cement blocks behind my school and call it a course?

I'm with that. More than half of a 9 holer.

5 is a decent number, Geneseo is a 5 and I think that course introduces people to the sport, plus it's a nice little pitch and putt course, I wouldn't want to see it removed, but North Greenville is a disgrace that does not diserve to be listed.

I disagree, I would want to know about something like that if I were moving to a new area, or lived nearby as a great place to practice without the crowds of a course. It doesn't hurt anything to have "courses" like those listed, if you're looking for places to play you'll see that it's only a few baskets and make your own decision about whether or not it's worth your time.

I disagree, I would want to know about something like that if I were moving to a new area, or lived nearby as a great place to practice without the crowds of a course. It doesn't hurt anything to have "courses" like those listed, if you're looking for places to play you'll see that it's only a few baskets and make your own decision about whether or not it's worth your time.

I agree with you. When I go up to visit my brother near Valley Forge I don't want to sped a lot of time traveling around to get to a course. I found Wilson Farm Park as a direct result of looking close to his area. When I get back up in that direction I'll definitely hit up the little 4 holer.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=2652

I played this gem and it's twice the course that Kops will ever be...ok ok so its 4 holes to Kops' 2 but it was a course..so don't even think of pulling this one from the list...I say bring Kops back..its permanent in a park and open to play..I think it's more of a course than many of the privates that are listed.

I drove a long way to play that 3 holer. The baskets are not secured so they will probably be stolen (even though they are beat skill shots), also the college studetns walk infront of the baskets constently, so it is a safety issue. The course is a bad name for Disc Golf, Now if it were 2 nice baskets set up in a safe area then I would think differently. Wilson Farms looks like a decent course for only 4 holes, so my question is where do we draw the line, are 3 practice baskets thrown into a football feild a course?

I drove a long way to play that 3 holer. The baskets are not secured so they will probably be stolen (even though they are beat skill shots), also the college studetns walk infront of the baskets constently, so it is a safety issue. The course is a bad name for Disc Golf, Now if it were 2 nice baskets set up in a safe area then I would think differently. Wilson Farms looks like a decent course for only 4 holes, so my question is where do we draw the line, are 3 practice baskets thrown into a football feild a course?

When you put it that way, no. If it's 3 baskets with alt Ts that and has some decent obstacles, if I get credit for bagging it then I am for it.:D If we make the cut off 5 holes min. to be listed then you might as well list the few 2,3 or 4 holers that are not just field throw ups. It would be easier if we just had criteria. No 1 holers:wall: and if it is new then it had better at least have a wooden freaking peg with the hole number on it and and maybe a obstacle minimum so no open fielders get through. Opn field shots piss me off. :mad: Unless it is a couple of them sandwiched in between 16 wooded holes.

Last edited:
I played this gem and it's twice the course that Kops will ever be...ok ok so its 4 holes to Kops' 2 but it was a course..so don't even think of pulling this one from the list...I say bring Kops back..its permanent in a park and open to play..I think it's more of a course than many of the privates that are listed.
Or the ones that YOU CAN'T PLAY!!!!!:mad::mad:, except during tournaments where it is perfectly fine for you to play it. Maybe have a little short bus category for these courses that you can only play once or twice a year.:clap:

Not that this matters to us much, but Kopps isn't listed on the PDGA site, but North Geenviller is. Must be the (shoes) tee pads.

Status
Not open for further replies.