• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Soccer players on DG course??

lurchgriffith

I went to play 18 holes at buck creek state park here in Springfield Oh, and when I got there the parking lot was full. Of course at first I thought there was some sort of tourney going on I didn't know about.
While practicing on the 18th hole (it's a straight open hole and good for driving, mid-range warm ups) these four girls in soccer shorts came up the hill from 11. I know sounds like the makings of a good story right? After puffing out my chest, slowly wiping the sweat off my forehead, and flexing while taking a drink of water, I started to hear more female voices from the course. So now I'm like, "oh my god all these women disc golfers and me as the only man" the odds were greatly in my favor, and I thought I was about to win one for disc golfers everywhere. When a crowd of about 14 or so girls (there were probably 25 altogether) made it to the 12th tee box I started to notice a few things and slowly my reality was being put in check.
I began to notice that these girls looked young, and I don't mean young as in I won't be meeting parents anytime soon due to the age difference, I mean young as in 10-20 years locked up getting ass pounded by bubba kind of young. These girls were high school age, maybe juniors, so whatever I won't have a story no one will believe, who cares.
I realized these girls were not carrying disc but in fact were carrying soccer balls, it's amazing what you notice about women when you actually pay attention to them, and let's not make a habit of that. They would line up in the tee box and kick off towards the basket, which I was cool with I thought maybe that's different way to practice, (of course I don't know, I played real football). Then I started to question whether this was a good idea, I started to hear the glorious sounds of chains being hit, but this was by a soccer ball not a disc.
So my point of all this is, do you think it's appropriate for them to be using the course like this? Can hitting the chains with an object as heavy as a soccer ball damage the chains? Of course any type of etiquette would say they should let a single or double group play through right? I don't know, anything else you guys (or girls) can think of?
I know it's a public course and its free so it doesn't belong to one group of people I suppose. But is there a similarity to me going to a public golf course, paying the green fees and playing with a disc?

BOOM!!!! nice one..

kids will be kids..... especially at public parks

i often grab a cart from my local country club and hit the course with discs

So my point of all this is, do you think it's appropriate for them to be using the course like this? Can hitting the chains with an object as heavy as a soccer ball damage the chains?
I doubt it. A size 5 soccer ball only weighs about 14-16 ounces, about the weight equivalent of 2 1/2 discs. Smaller size balls weigh less. Mind you, this is something soccer players play off their heads, so I can't see it damaging heavy duty chains.

I've come across ALOT worse than that! I don't think it's a big deal. Atleast they didn't beat up the basket, a soccer ball shouldn't do any damage.

Last edited:
BOOM!!!! nice one..

kids will be kids..... especially at public parks

i often grab a cart from my local country club and hit the course with discs

They let you do that?? A few buddies of mine and I have been talking about it for a while. We just didn't think any of the courses around here would allow it.

it's soccer golf, it's been played for years. although i think using dg baskets is a new spin. when i played it as a kid we just kicked them at cones.

it's amazing what you notice about women when you actually pay attention to them, and let's not make a habit of that.

as good of a line as this is, let's keep the women degrading threads to a minimum. we've already had two or three this week and it's tuesday. anymore and the gals on here might go on strike and we'll be left with one big disc golf circle jerk.

I wish that happened at my course, I get dudes in Chivas jerseys using the basket as a soccer goal, tying their pitbulls to the basket, using the basket for a trashcan, etc.

I've seen this before, looked like a Mens high school team. I don't see the harm in it, IMO more people using the course is a good thing.

I wish that happened at my course, I get dudes in Chivas jerseys using the basket as a soccer goal, tying their pitbulls to the basket, using the basket for a trashcan, etc.

Are the pitbulls sweet and friendly, like this:

ex_cesar_millan_daddy.jpg

or all cool and tough looking, like this:

pitbull.jpg

?

It is totaly inapropriate. They wouldn't do this to a ball golf course, why should it be acceptable on a disc golf course? Don't they have a soccer field somewhere to practice on, or any open field somewhere? I would find out who was in charge and raise a stink about it!

It is totaly inapropriate. They wouldn't do this to a ball golf course, why should it be acceptable on a disc golf course? Don't they have a soccer field somewhere to practice on, or any open field somewhere? I would find out who was in charge and raise a stink about it!

it's not soccer.. it's soccer golf. you don't play soccer golf on a soccer field with goals.

it's not soccer.. it's soccer golf. you don't play soccer golf on a soccer field with goals.

But, its way more poular in Europe!

Or maybe they need you to play goalie? Oh, did you forget your cup? Silly disc golfer!

Latest posts