• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Socks

Plankeye

Double Eagle Member
I just got some Merrell Moab Ventilators for Christmas and since they are not gore-tex I wanted to get some nice socks to go with them that will keep my feet dry but also cool when it rains during the spring and summer.

Any suggestions?

Cabela's house-brand of gore-tex socks are pretty sweet, useful all year long. Great for mornings when its just dewy out, or for wetter conditions like snow or rain. Pretty pricey, but they turn any pair of footwear into all-weather gear.

Joe

These aren't cheap, but they're the best socks I've ever owned. They're comfy year round, and they're made right down the road from you in Hildebran, NC. DeFeet Woolie Boolie.

ab0ef52cc960d094e3e4248d47cd41a3.jpg

Well I have a gift card to Dick's so I am hoping to find something that I can find there. :)

Yeah I need something for the spring and summer. I just have never had comfortable disc golf shoes and the socks I normally wear with those shoes are the same that I would wear around the house.

Darn Tough socks are the best imho. I have a few pairs for winter/summer Disc Golf.

I have the same pair of Merrells and I wear Seal Skinz on the wet days. On days that are not wet I just wear a pair of athletic socks that are comfortable and wick away sweat.

I just bought 2 pairs of synthetic thermal socks for 10 bucks. The woman at the store told me synthetic fiber was much warmer than wool but not as soft and comfortable, I went for warmth being that its been hovering around 20 degrees here.

+1 on the Smartwool. They aren't cheap, but they are super comfortable, warm, and naturally stink free. I went on a three week backpacking trip through Europe this past fall and regularly went three days straight in the same socks without them getting stinky. Mind you, we walked a TON on that trip. I have smartwool socks for casual, backpacking/hiking, and cycling. Can't recommend them enough.

As far as synthetics go, they may be warmer when dry, but as soon as they get wet, you may as well not be wearing any socks at all. Even when wool is wet, it'll keep you warm.

My madre bought me some nice Redhead hunting socks for Christmas and they feel awesome. After reading this thread, I do want to try some smartwools though.

Latest posts