• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Something seems a bit off.

41thirty

Par Member
Vitals:
Years playing/experience: 3 Years
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right-handed
Throwing Style: RHBH, some RHFH
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver: Pure ~240', Truth ~280'?, Tern 350' / 380'

* Max distance is the greatest distance you can throw your top 2-3 drivers with any regularity

Optional:
Sex: M
Injuries/handicaps?: Some ankle issues
Other sport proficiencies?:
Additional Information: Haven't really measured how far mids go.
What do you like/dislike about your current bag?: I feel that I have a pretty good set up to tackle a good variety of courses but that I may have some overlap and hole or two that could get straightened out.
Immediate and long-term goals:

Bag:

Drivers (weight/plastic/model/(condition)/use):
172g Opto Scythe 7/10 - big headwind open field distance
158g Fission Photon 8/10 - open field stable / OS distance, distance FH shots.
168g Fuzion Trespass 6/10 - open field straight distance. Has lost a lot of its fade.
160g Champion Tern 7/10 - All out max distance, long right turning shots.

169g Plasma Volt 7/10 - doesn't get used much between the Photon and Crave. Handles wind better though.
157g Proton Insanity 8/10 - S curves, turn overs, uphill distance.

167g Neutron Resistor 6/10 - OS Utility.
162g Proton Crave 7/10 - workhorse stable Fairway. BH & FH.
172g Neutron Relay 9/10 - Hyzerflip to straight fairway shots. New disc but seems to be filling the role well.
163g Goldline River 6/10 - used to be my flip to dead straight / can do anything disc but has been turning over lately.

Mids:
178g Classic Truth 7/10 - has some turn but still has a solid fade back.
176g Moonshine Truth 8/10 - very straight with little fade. Great for sweeping hyzers & anhyzers
173g Plasma Tangent 8/10 - flip to straight or throw flat and track right.

Putters:
175g Electron Atom 8/10 - In the circle putts
171g Electron Atom 8/10 - outside the circle putts

175g Z Zone 7/10 - OS short range disc
175g Neutron Envy - Stable driving putter. Most upshots
173g Zero Hard Pure 6/10 - US driving Putter. Used on most holes under 250'

I feel the Volt and Scythe might not need to be there since I rarely use them. I'm wondering if I should take out those two discs and get something moderately OS in the 9-10 speed range. I also feel like I am missing a straight 9-10 speed disc for semi-tight longer fairways where I don't want to really have to crush a trespass but still need some good distance.

Thanks for all the help!

Doesn't your plasma volt give you a straight flight for longer fairway shots? A fission most certainly would in the 150's. I find volts to be nearly as long as any faster drivers out there with a good throw (and straightest as they season just get better) Also a max weight insanity will be straighter flying or inertia too for that matter.

If I didn't have a good mix of volts around I would probably bag a new plasma Amp. Really though, just beat up that volt a little :D sometimes I wonder why I even carry other molds. You own it already so that's an easy place to start.

I do have a 155g Fission Volt and a 170g Plasma Amp. The Volts are fun but they have a lot of lateral movement in fade and the Amp just felt short and glideless for my arm. I do like the volts a lot it's just I'm not sure about its spot between the crave and the photon. I used to use the river for the long straight shot because I could really get it out there with some hyzer but I've been working on my nose angle and snap and now it turns quite a bit.