• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Something to consider...please leave input

What do you do/think about carrying a "give-away" disc?

• Total voters
I always keep a handful of loaner or giveaway discs in my truck. I've got a couple DX Rocs, Aviars, Sharks, Leopards, and some other beginner friendly discs. You never know who you might run into or what kind of situation can occur so I like to be prepared. I have to restock every so often because these discs always find their way into the hands of curious kids or beginners who don't understand why their max weight Ape won't fly very well.

Never have have but if I did it would probably be a dx spider since it can be used as a midrange and putter.

I've given away discs to random people on a few ocassions. The last time I did that it was a guy and his girlfriend playing and he was throwing this super wide rimmed driver. He would throw it and it would just hyzer crash into the ground at 100'. As they let me go through as I was playing as a single he asked me what disc I used to throw at the basket as I parked it 5' away. I told him I threw a roc and explained what the disc was and it's purpose. Of course he had never heard of it and since I'm such a roc whore I had numerous back ups. I decided that I was going to give him a nice dx classic roc that I had just started to play around with to see if it could fit in the bag (it didn't as a putter can be used for the same shots). I handed him the Classic roc and showed him how to hold it properly and explained that he shouldn't strong arm the disc. As I finished the next hole and was walking to 27 I watched him throw the classic roc 200'+ and saw the grin on his face. I knew I had just hooked the guy into the game. I see him every once in a while with his girlfriend at the park and he still has the classic roc to this day in his bag.

I carry about 50-60 give away/trade/sale discs in my van at all times, the number seems to be increasing no matter how many I give away... I need to find more people to give plastic to before I run out of room.

I usually have some in the trunk of the car.

At an out-of-town small tournament last year, one of my card mates was a new, young fellow who was only playing with one disc. As a result, he was putting with a driver. After the round, I went to the car and dug out a slightly used DX Rhyno and gave it to him. The look on his face after that was satisfaction enough.

I believe it's a great community service gesture to give away unwanted plastic to those who can make better use of them than me.

Perfect time for me to practice what I preach. Went to play a round with a buddy. We met a dude who was just getting back into DG like me last year and he had two drivers. His putting form looked fine but you can't make putts with a star katana very well. If only I had my base backups he would've walked away with a cool proD Dirty Dozen Tour stamped Challenger. I failed the sport today. I'll make up for it.

I love to experiment with putters, but always end up back to either the magnet or banger. I have given away a sonic, a gumbputt, and I have an aviar that I would drop in a heartbeat to bring a new player into the game.

I always carry a DX Aero in my bag. (It's my driving putter.) And I've probably given away more of them than I've worn out.

haha thanks for the shoutout. This guy from arkansas was playing the local course tonight and gave me a giveaway disc, said he got it from a guy at another course and didnt want it so he passed it on. I love the idea, and am going to find one to get for that scenario. I'd love to get one. I go wading in a pond for discs so i find a ton of unmarked ones, i'll probably use these from now on.

I have given away a # of discs, mostly midrange DX to adults and putters to kids[under 12]. Star and DX-level plastic gets recycled at Next Adventure[like PIAS]. I don't keep a giveaway in my bag at all times, its usually there if I'm cycling a retiree out of my bag.

Last edited:
Sounds like a good idea.
I have given away a few discs, but some I wish I'd kept and given away a different one.

I would give away something understable, like a DX Stingray, Aviar or maybe a ProD Stratus.

I always try to carry a DX something or other. Usually a mid in case someone new wants to try out the game. If they enjoy it, I tell them that I just started their growing collection :)

I had a dozen left over player packs from the Ace Race I TD'ed, so depending on the person, or attitude, they might get 1 or 2 Zeppelin's, plus a mini and I've given a couple weekender bags away.

I have definitely just given away plastic. I see people out throwing and having a great time and I am more than willing to help out a little bit. I just have a pile of plastic in the trunk of my car, so I may as well put it to use somehow.

Thanks for the input so far.

Buzzz, Putters, understable mids, and DX/Pro D discs seem to be the preferred give-aways

I have discs at home and in my car that I give to kids, noobs, or friends in need. I do not give away throwers from my bag.

Latest posts