• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sorry if this is not the right place to post this.

The last couple of days of my Gulf Coast road trip, I had an annoyingly painful blood blister on my right index finger, that bothered me on pretty much every RHBH shot over 150' or so, and spent a couple of round on a few of the more forgiving courses, figuring out how to modify my grip to avoid pain while maintaining reasonable distance and control.

That became a complete non-issue on #5 at Muldraugh. :(

No one cares Debby blood blister. What'd you card for the first 4 holes? Did you at least birde hole 4? We're you projected to shoot under? 😁

You don't have a right index finger as a left leg and/or ***** now do you?

No one cares Debby blood blister. What'd you card for the first 4 holes? Did you at least birde hole 4? We're you projected to shoot under? ��

You don't have a right index finger as a left leg and/or ***** now do you?

No.
But I have a **** for a right index finger.
And since I still have my own ****,
I 'd really like to know where my "right index finger" came from. :eek:
:p

I was doing alright. Drive on #5 gave me about a 25-30 ft putt for birdie on #5. But alas, I ended up with a big, fat DNF. But at least I did so in spectacular fashion. :cool:

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230317-061737.jpg
    Screenshot_20230317-061737.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Quick update: This problem hasn't happened again. Looking back I was holding the disc incorrectly. Instead of having the disc resting on the top of the pointer fingers metacarpal bone. I was placing the disc between my pointer and middle finger, causing me to palm the disc.
Which in turn caused me to bruise the center of my palm show how.

Now that that's out of the way and I'm holding the disc correctly. I'm currently nursing a slight strained R bicep and a mild case of tennis elbow do to muscling the disc and pulling. So I'm taking it easy and only doing field work and drills for about and hour once or twice a week. I'm also only playing one day a week about two rounds. Trying to rest me arm as much as I can since I'm no spring chicken anymore.

Not sure about that grip description. I used to get golfer's elbow from holding the disc too tight from the start. It went away after keeping my grip fairly loose as long as possible and only tightening up as the disc was accelerating. Bicep issue might be your shoulder is too externally rotated so your elbow points down like a bicep curl in power pocket instead of the elbow being up/out with shoulder more internally rotated in power pocket.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aADjcR_ZtUw&t=340s
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3440757&postcount=4

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-04-03 at 3.52.45 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2023-04-03 at 3.52.45 AM.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 62
Yeah after I messed up my palm I reread the grip it and rip it thread you provided. Totally helped haven't had a problem with it since.

As for the tennis elbow I do hold the disc pretty tight. And since I've had tennis elbow in the past it probably flared up do to the repetitive nature of gripping to tight and doing certain drills to much. I'll adjust my grip like you recommended and do some rehab and see if it clears it up.

Interesting that you mention the bicep curl and the shoulder. Because come to think of it. When I'm doing the Beto Drill 2.0 my elbow drops below my shoulder when I'm try curling the disc in and trying to whip it out. So when working on this drill my elbow should be level with my shoulder correct?

It has less to due with the height, more to due with the IR/ER shoulder position.

Latest posts