• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Spin Putters - Type of Disc

Snore

Par Member
Well I am what people call a spin putter. From what I have been reading seems like people that spin putt use a softer putter.

People that are push/pitch putters tend to use stiffer putters...is this a correct assumption?

I currently use DX Aviars P&A was wondering what other spin putters are using. Or if there is some other softer style putter i should try.

:hfive:

Soft/stiff is personal preference no matter what your putting style. Spin putters usually like more stable putters though. The Ion is a great disc for spin putters.

I used a classic roc for a while, but it got impossible to grab when it got colder. I'm now using an Omega SS and I might pick up a firmer putter for when it gets warmer. It's all a matter of personal preference, like the Roc v. Buzzz shebang.

I use both soft and stiff putters, because at some point I become a "spin" putter. For me it's around 30 to 40 feet. I must add that I've just recently tried this out (1 weeks now) and it's only because of the Feldberg video were he stated that you will get less of a wobble by using a stiff putter if you push putt. He also stated that at some point you end up having to spin putt.
To me putting is such a personel preference that advise should always be taken with more than a grain of salt. Having said that I use an APX swirl and a APX in HD plastic, but so far I have not noticed much of a diff. (wobble wise). There is also a "soft" APX out there. For me it was going to a less stable putter more than the stiffness that improved my putting, but as I've said it comes down to personal preference.

I generally work a Magnet and a Soft Magnet for most of my putts. They pretty much hold any line I need to put them on and are fairly consistent for me.

Now I'll tell you a new discs thats made it into my bag for situational putting. It's the Innova Sonic. This is a great spin style putter. A light snap will send this thing on a straight, soft, slow glide whichever direction you throw it. A little roll of the wrist will give a soft anny that straightens out and glides out straight. It's a fun discs to work with for sure.

I spin putt and use an r-pro hydra...its slightly gummy in summer and stiffer in winter but doesn't really effect me much. It is a stable putter so great for handling the spin

I spin putt and use an r-pro hydra...its slightly gummy in summer and stiffer in winter but doesn't really effect me much. It is a stable putter so great for handling the spin

Got an r-pro hydra awhile ago and never really tried it. Guess now is the time i should give it ago bought it cause of the ability to float but never really needed to use it lol

Might have to check out the ion as well

Whatever you're comfortable with. Putting is just a trick shot, use what feels best for you and not what others tell you to.

^^this. Just stop worrying and putt. Dont miss practice putts! That being said personally I used to use stiff 11x KC aviars/BB aviars now I putt with stiff tacky Challengers.

I use both a spin putt, and a pitch putt, depending on the situation. I have used a soft Voodoo since day one. When it come to Gateway plastics, though, "soft" means pretty stiff.

like UPS said about the trick shot...it's true. I've at least tried every putter on the market (except Legacy and Discmania) and it honestly doesn't matter one bit. Personally I only really use soft putters for approaches/lay ups, not so much chain action.

SSS Wizards, I mostly use these because i need a grippy putter. I prefer stiffer SSS that's nice and grippy.

Latest posts