• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Spinach D Bag 2019

spinachd

Eagle Member
Vitals:
Years playing/experience: 13 years
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right-handed
Throwing Style: RHBH, RHFH (serviceable but not great), OH (thumbers only)
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver: Roc 0 - 250, TeeBird 280 - 310, Katana ~310 - 350

* Max distance is the greatest distance you can throw your top 2-3 drivers with any regularity

Optional:
Sex: M
Injuries/handicaps?: Age, Left Hip replacement (Nov 2017)
Other sport proficiencies?: Does fishing count?

After years of trying everything on the planet I'm pretty comfortable with this bag.

Bag:

High Speed Drivers

Katana; 166 - 169; mostly cycle Pro plastic but carry Champ and Metal Flake as well for more stability; Max D and max standstill D

Wraith; 166 - 169; mostly cycle Pro plastic but carry Champ as well for more stability (wish I could find a Metal Flake); Max D and hyzers

Stiletto; 169; Opto; Flicks, thumbers, and skip shots.

Fairway Drivers

TeeBirds; 167 - 175; mostly cycle DX but carry a Champ as well; from intermediate hyzers to straight shots to rollers

TeeBird3; 167 - 175; mostly cycle DX but carry a Champ as well; from intermediate hyzers, straight shots, forced anhyzers; The DX TeeBird3 is really a great overall disc. I highly suggest it if you like to cycle plastic.

Ahti; 169; Tournament Plastic; Flicks, flick rollers, thumbers, and short hyzers

Mids

Roc; 180; I cycle DX and throw it a ton for many drives and most upshots. Stand still Roc shots are the most reliable in my game.

MD3; 180; Pro plastic; standstills w zero fade, big high anhyzers, and if my putting putter isn't working I putt the Pro MD3.

Verdict; 180; Lucid plastic; When I'm stuck behind things on the left side of the fairway I can throw a high flick with this that fades to center and saves me a ton of strokes.

Putters

Harp; 175; BT plastic; short BH and FH needing fade, high-wind putting, anny FH putts, and oddly, some long putts where I putt it "Climo style (my interpretation of his motion)" and it goes in.

Maiden; 175; Origio plastic; Main putter but if I'm not feeling it I'll switch to the Pro MD3. I can throw it fine but I've found I just prefer to throw a DX Roc most of the time for consistent park jobs.

Good bag. Just one question: you don't have any understable discs, for roller or turnover duties?

Mainly I prefer beat DX TeeBirds for turnovers and for rollers.

Because I beat up a lot of DX and Pro plastic I actually have a lot of discs with some degree of understability.

Latest posts