• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Myrtle Beach, SC

Splinter City DGC

Permanent course
3.555(based on 10 reviews)
Noisy
Pros:

Nice course and well maintained.
Cons:
Noisy. And by noisy, unable to have a conversation with someone standing right beside you. A large number of the holes go right beside Hwy 17. Lots of traffic and heavy chance for some shots to kick all the way into a 4 lane divided highway. I played during bike week. It was so noisy from the Harley Davidson's that you couldn't hear yourself think. Least enjoyable game of disc golf I have ever played. It would have been better if not for bike week, but still lots of noise from cars and trucks would have ruined the feel of playing disc golf in nature.

Giving this course 1 star is a little harsh based off of noise. I've played a number of rounds here and did not find it to be that bad. Unless you throw a very errant shot, your disc isn't going to kick off into highway 17. It's a very well maintained course that doesn't deserve this score. Next time you come down for bike week, I recommend trying Socastee Rec Park, it'll be much quieter for you, more nature and it's right but fair.

Giving this course 1 star is a little harsh based off of noise. I've played a number of rounds here and did not find it to be that bad. Unless you throw a very errant shot, your disc isn't going to kick off into highway 17. It's a very well maintained course that doesn't deserve this score. Next time you come down for bike week, I recommend trying Socastee Rec Park, it'll be much quieter for you, more nature and it's right but fair.
Thanks for the feedback Justin. I think most people can see that review was more of an outlier. This is a great chance for you to contribute a review as well to share your thoughts on the course. Over time, as more reviews are written, these outliers get drowned out.

Socastee is fantastic! One of the best courses I've played this year. Very peaceful out there.

Totally agree. Pay no attention to that guy. Threw this course for the first time last summer while on vacation in Surfside Beach. Such a fun course to throw. I think it is hole 10 if I recall correctly that goes by Rt. 17. Had no issue with the car noise- in fact, I thought it was sorta cool - as I teed off it reminded me about our vacation week and that is the main drag we take when we head to Myrtle Beach or the Market Common. Loved the sandy green areas and the cool history of the place as well. We liked it so much that we played it 3 times in two days! Good vibes here. If you are in the area, don't forget to play Socastee too - very tough.

(Side note: if you haven't already, watch the 2020 and 2021 Myrtle Beach Open played here and Socastee- a lot of pros showed up: Dickerson, Conrad, Freeman, Queen, Big Jerm, Austin Turner just to name a few)

Hey there, passing by Splinter City afternoon of tuesday the 7th. Hoping I can get a quick round or several holes in with locals. Can play with anybody. I teach newbies and talk shop with hardcores....all good. robin mclean, pdga 40869

Myrtle Beach Open is this weekend. 1st and Final round at Splinter City and 2nd round at Socastee Park. I believe Ace Run Productions will have pp lead card coverage and Gatekeeper will have theirs sometime later. Looks like some names dropped out of this one last time I checked- ie. the Brothers Robinson. Still have MJ, Marwede, Joseph Anderson (this guy looked impressive at KC Wide Open this year), Cale, Queen, Grady Shue, Evan Scott, etc. I've played both these courses on vacation in the past and am looking forward to this.

Latest posts