• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sponsored Ams: What's your Deal?

One of the temp holes had an old Mach 1 basket, the only time I have ever played on one in a round that counted.
A B-Tier I played many times in Norwalk Ohio used one of those up until the early 2010s. On a hole that was on a relatively steep slope, too.

IIRC even 18 years ago (first time I played there in a B Tier) there were basket standards that were not being met. lol.

A B-Tier I played many times in Norwalk Ohio used one of those up until the early 2010s. On a hole that was on a relatively steep slope, too.

IIRC even 18 years ago (first time I played there in a B Tier) there were basket standards that were not being met. lol.

Which standards? Currently Mach I would be usable in a B Tier. ("Standard" target, uniformity "recommended" but not required.)

Which standards? Currently Mach I would be usable in a B Tier. ("Standard" target, uniformity "recommended" but not required.)
I stand corrected. Though I will state that the uniformity recommendation was definitely not followed lol. I'm somewhat surprised the Mach I is still approved as a "standard" basket.

I stand corrected. Though I will state that the uniformity recommendation was definitely not followed lol. I'm somewhat surprised the Mach I is still approved as a "standard" basket.

Peru, Indiana's wonderful time capsule course at Honey Bear Campground still has some of their 1978 baskets, although they've been modified with additional chains.

They catch fine. Every basket has a weakness. It is our job as the putter to hit the right spot, with the right speed. I maintain there is no civil right to no spit outs. :p

They catch fine. Every basket has a weakness. It is our job as the putter to hit the right spot, with the right speed. I maintain there is no civil right to no spit outs. :p
I'm imagining 3P.... "It catches fine, it's the shortstops job to hit the right spot!"

61NC9wBn9oL.jpg

So I'm sponsored by both a UK retailer called Ace Disc Golf and now I'm also on Prodiscus' Ambassador Team. Both took an interest in me because my work growing/running University competition here. For them, they get to be the face of youth disc golf here in the UK (which I like to think considering the size of UK university ultimate has the potential to become huge). For me I really appreciate the support and connections they can give me. Ace made dealing with manufacturers so much easier and took care of so much of the logistics of running a tournament. Their marketing added alot of legitimacy to a new initiative and had reach that I didn't have through my own channels. Having Prodiscus behind me as well will make branding UK uni disc golf even better, and makes it easier for me to arrange tournament discs etc. The hard benefits are great as well, I think any help with equipment/entry for competing myself takes alot of stress out of the equation. But for me the soft benefits are really the best bit, having people behind you and adding weight to your actions or even just coordinating to make getting to tournaments easier.

I have become increasing disappointed with the leadership, lead organization and berth process. The courses themselves need a lot of work..

As an elder local who has watched the decline of our older local league I can confirm all the above is true. States is just "different" now, it has no soul and questionable financials. Yes, it's for the reasons mentioned above. BUT with every dark cloud there is always a silver lining...

There is a new youth movement in the area that doesn't want to deal with the political BS that the old league constantly brings, and its so refreshing to see! Let the youth have their moment and step aside, be a mentor to the upcoming generation that is full of new ideas and fresh energy. Sadly, the old guard here would rather be an adversary and thus part of the reason they got booted out of Flip City for states and all of their tourneys.

The courses, while rough are a lot of fun.

How is Beauty, since the storm rolled through? That course was always the highlight of my trips up to Ludington (aside from throwing discs off the reservoir onto the courses below)...

How is Beauty, since the storm rolled through? That course was always the highlight of my trips up to Ludington (aside from throwing discs off the reservoir onto the courses below)...

TomJulio would be better to answer. I had heard that Beauty took a big hit a couple years ago and quite a bit of work was put into the tee pads. It is an incredible complex though, for sure.

Good thread for updates.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3874747#post3874747

Last edited:
TomJulio would be better to answer. I had heard that Beauty took a big hit a couple years ago and quite a bit of work was put into the tee pads. It is an incredible complex though, for sure.

Good thread for updates.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3874747#post3874747

Beauty is completely playable now. The wind shear storm from 2 years ago took out over 200+ mature trees and completely changed a few of the wooded holes. Loggers came in and took out the downed trees but left piles of tops throughout the wooded part of course for rabbit habitat. A few baskets were moved by the local club but nothing too drastic from original layout. The tee pads are still the same short tee pads that the local club put in YEARS ago and definitely need a modern redo to match the new baskets in the park.

The park is showing its age and is getting rougher in places, especially with the autumn olives(invasive species bushes) taking over. Still a great three in one disc golf park with lots of history and fun to still be had.

Latest posts