• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

SQUATCH Legend!

Mine just came in today. I thought I would despise the "salmon" and immediately black it out. Its growing on my though. I am curious if anyone else used any kind of dyepen to color this rubberized covering over the zipper. Worked great on another bag for the excessive white embroidary.

I got through the first half of the thread, interesting discussion. My conclusion is 'seller beware', you know, like 'caveat emptor' means buyer beware. Pound is expected to know the contours of the market, including IP protection and the cost of litigation. May not feel good to get China-ified, and the legal system may be functionally broken, but ... well, that's reality. Brutal game. Props to Pound for building a really damned good bag that someone decided to completely borrow and hope they didn't get sued.

Maybe you don't listen to me though. I loved visiting the markets in Beijing and buying knock-offs for pennies. Huge fan of keeping money in my pocket.

Been using my Legend bag for a good 3 months now, With really heavy use over the last 2 months (averaging 5 to 6 rounds a week)
The space in the Squatch Legend is AWESOME. It fits all my discs, snacks, water, gadgets, and jackets I could ever need.
HOWEVER... The right shoulder strap padding, the main strap I use to carry my bag from hole to hole, has completely packed out. The padding is completely gone. I'm definitely noticing some discomfort on my shoulder from where it rubs, and this is definitely concerning. I see now why pound having detachable straps is such a big deal. Outside of that issue, the bag has been great.

I got through the first half of the thread, interesting discussion. My conclusion is 'seller beware', you know, like 'caveat emptor' means buyer beware. Pound is expected to know the contours of the market, including IP protection and the cost of litigation. May not feel good to get China-ified, and the legal system may be functionally broken, but ... well, that's reality. Brutal game. Props to Pound for building a really damned good bag that someone decided to completely borrow and hope they didn't get sued.

Maybe you don't listen to me though. I loved visiting the markets in Beijing and buying knock-offs for pennies. Huge fan of keeping money in my pocket.

why do you hate america?

Been using my Legend bag for a good 3 months now, With really heavy use over the last 2 months (averaging 5 to 6 rounds a week)
The space in the Squatch Legend is AWESOME. It fits all my discs, snacks, water, gadgets, and jackets I could ever need.
HOWEVER... The right shoulder strap padding, the main strap I use to carry my bag from hole to hole, has completely packed out. The padding is completely gone. I'm definitely noticing some discomfort on my shoulder from where it rubs, and this is definitely concerning. I see now why pound having detachable straps is such a big deal. Outside of that issue, the bag has been great.

You own a V1 I am guessing? This seems to be becoming the first common failure. Sean has been replacing these bags with V2, which has better straps overall, as well as solving this issue. You should hit him up ASAP.

You own a V1 I am guessing? This seems to be becoming the first common failure. Sean has been replacing these bags with V2, which has better straps overall, as well as solving this issue. You should hit him up ASAP.

I do own a V1- it was a gift from my wife and I didn't register it for the warranty (because I'm dumb and didn't look into it within the 90 day window) will that be an issue?

I just got a squatch and used it for my first round. Everything was great except for one thing that bugged me. Are your bags soft on the bottom? Coming from a grip bag it seems rather flimsy and you can see and feel the discs bulging out. I was thinking of getting a plastic cutting board or something to throw in the bottom.

I just got a squatch and used it for my first round. Everything was great except for one thing that bugged me. Are your bags soft on the bottom? Coming from a grip bag it seems rather flimsy and you can see and feel the discs bulging out. I was thinking of getting a plastic cutting board or something to throw in the bottom.

Funny that you mention it. Ive always noticed how much the bag sags when I'm watching competition videos with players using the Squatch.

That's just the way they're made. I have a Pound which is what the Squatch was copied from and Levi told me he made it that way on purpose because it carries better and in a more natural way.

Went back to the squatch after giving zuca cart a run and ya know what...it turn out it aint such a gigantic overbearing bag when you dont cram 35 discs into it with 4 liters of water! Played a round with about 12 discs in main and 4 putter pocket and a liter of water...very convenient and relatively light to carry. Gonna keep running with it for a while. When its filled completely all the way, its a huge heavy bag.

Well- I'm back. After a year of ownership of a Squatch Legend bag, I can confirm: it is a great bag. I golfed almost every day this year and here are my thoughts
Overall- super comfortable bag with excellent storage capability. It will hold everything you need and then some. Zippers never jammed up or broke, fabric held up beautifully, even on the bottom which was a concern I had going in.
Cons- phone pocket did not fit my phone. Ended up becoming my mini pocket. The biggest con though was the shoulder straps. On The 1.0 bag specifically, the padding in the shoulder straps packed out almost immediately. Luckily, Squatch has incredible customer service, and they addressed the issue, sending me a brand new 2.0 bag, at no cost to me. I really can't say enough about the customer service. However, once again, the straps have packed out on my 2.0 as well. I know they're actively working on solving these problems and their bags just keep getting better with every new variation.
With all that being said - I just pulled the trigger and am making the jump to a Pound bag. I got a heafty bonus at work, and decided to make the leap. The detachable/replaceable shoulder straps on Pound bags make all the difference in the world for me moving forward. Plus, supporting a company that started in my hometown was always the goal.. I just couldn't afford if before.

TLDR: Squatch bags are great bags for the price. If you're easy on the shoulder straps- it should last you a good long while. Would recommend

Well- I'm back. After a year of ownership of a Squatch Legend bag, I can confirm: it is a great bag. I golfed almost every day this year and here are my thoughts
Overall- super comfortable bag with excellent storage capability. It will hold everything you need and then some. Zippers never jammed up or broke, fabric held up beautifully, even on the bottom which was a concern I had going in.
Cons- phone pocket did not fit my phone. Ended up becoming my mini pocket. The biggest con though was the shoulder straps. On The 1.0 bag specifically, the padding in the shoulder straps packed out almost immediately. Luckily, Squatch has incredible customer service, and they addressed the issue, sending me a brand new 2.0 bag, at no cost to me. I really can't say enough about the customer service. However, once again, the straps have packed out on my 2.0 as well. I know they're actively working on solving these problems and their bags just keep getting better with every new variation.
With all that being said - I just pulled the trigger and am making the jump to a Pound bag. I got a heafty bonus at work, and decided to make the leap. The detachable/replaceable shoulder straps on Pound bags make all the difference in the world for me moving forward. Plus, supporting a company that started in my hometown was always the goal.. I just couldn't afford if before.

TLDR: Squatch bags are great bags for the price. If you're easy on the shoulder straps- it should last you a good long while. Would recommend

Quitter! - Go against the grain, not with it! - Great review though.

Has anyone used the Link? I tried an octothorpe in the past and it was too large and cumbersome for me, but the link looks like a nice in between of the legend/octo and the carlton. Looks a bit like a DD commander/UPD rebel but maybe smaller? Haven't seen much out there about it.

I personally love the Catrina signature color scheme.

It looks good, probably my favorite color scheme from Squatch.I have been told the patch is removable too.

I have a legend 2.0 that I like especially as a practice bag but between my Simian and Cart I don't use the Legend too often. Probably would for some mountain rounds, especially a multi day tourney that I would like to carry stuff but the light weight would really benefit my aging bones.

It looks good, probably my favorite color scheme from Squatch.I have been told the patch is removable too.

I have a legend 2.0 that I like especially as a practice bag but between my Simian and Cart I don't use the Legend too often. Probably would for some mountain rounds, especially a multi day tourney that I would like to carry stuff but the light weight would really benefit my aging bones.

Yep, the patch is removable, which is probably a bonus to some people. I like CA's logo though, so I left it on there. They advertise it as navy blue, but it's more midnight blue, it definitely has a purple hue to it. The bag looks fantastic, and carries as well as anything I've ever used.

It's definitely possible that my normal use bag will end up being the Ridge, but I do agree that as a practice bag the Legend would be superior. I really have to find ways to get enough discs in the main compartment to make it worth carrying in a normal situation. Those extra discs make up for the weight difference of fewer discs + frame in the Ridge. There's even been a few times already where I missed being able to sit on my bag! And that's just in about 10 rounds worth of use, mostly solo.

Latest posts