• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

St. Louis Disc golfers: Castlewood DGC?

Dantastic

Hello, I was born and raised in St. Louis but did not start playing disc golf until I moved out to Virginia so I do not hear a lot about course development in St. Louis.

Does anyone know if Castlewood state park in Ballwin, MO has ever been considered for putting in a DGC? The park is HUGE, well maintained, has a lot of woods, a lot of unused open fields, creeks, ponds, rivers, elevation changes. I mean the course has just about everything you need to make at least 2 or 3 championship level courses and could easily host HUMONGOUS tournaments with ample parking.

And yes I know the typical response may be: we are already working on courses in the greater St. Louis area focus on the ones on the current pallet. But I am looking to the future pallet. Whenever I come home I always play at least 2 new course and love them but I am from Ballwin and the closest championship level course to me is Logan College (and yes that course is fantastic). Most of the iconic St. Louis courses are 40+ minutes away from me.

(Sorry if I posted this in the wrong spot this is my first time using the thread please have mercy on me as a newb to DGCR forums :\ )

http://mostateparks.com/park/castlewood-state-park

Latest posts