• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

St. Louis Open - A tier - April 30 - May 1st

Do round ratings seem way off to anyone else? The disparity between the amount of 1000+ rounds per division per round seems bizarre and clearly the TD hadn't yet inputted the different courses played by different divisions at times.

Do round ratings seem way off to anyone else? The disparity between the amount of 1000+ rounds per division per round seems bizarre and clearly the TD hadn't yet inputted the different courses played by different divisions at times.

Ratings aren't correct, by a long shot. I'm fairly certain that they are based off of a default of par 54 - which we didn't play a single one of last weekend. I'd say that we'll see a significant adjustment when course pars and layouts are input.

They looked better just now when I checked them...

One other concern I had was the way they were input during the event. Every A tier I've been to has had results up on the site after each round. Oh, and those A-tiers never jacked up the ratings in the first place. They were put in correctly from the start.

I'm not sure if these problems are due to the TD not having enough help or not delegating things properly or not caring enough.

Any of those three would explain the situation but it seemed like a mix of #2 and #3.

~*~

I don't want to pass of the feeling that I didn't enjoy the tournament, it was pretty decent overall - but I don't have much to compare it to. My post before sounded a bit nitpicky, but it could have all gone a lot worse.

As far as I know, there weren't many hangups in the actual running of the event, just some logistics points.

My wife tells me that I interpreted her story wrong on here, but she likes to change her stories around sometimes to make me look bad hahahha

I thought our B-Tier event in July was a little chaotic but it runs like clockwork when compared to this one. Disclaimer: This was the 6th StL Open, and we're going into our 27th year at Mid-Am.
I'd love to use this as an excuse, but the reality is that it would be just that-an excuse. Back in the day in St. Louis we ran the Gateway Open which was a B-tier that was very similar to Mid Am. When GDS started, they came to the Club and wanted the "Gateway Open" name and we told them to bugger off. At some point after I moved the Club changed its tune and GDS was given the tournament name. The big Club event was re-named the St. Louis Classic for a few years, then they started the St. Louis Open in 2005 (so this one should have been the 7th Annual.)

At any rate, St. Louis would be hosting the 20th Annual Gateway Open if not for the the name game with GDS. 20 years is long enough to have your act together.

while i'm certainly not an RCF apologist, i'd like to to hear more about you 3 who had problems this weekend.

i'm not an RCF board member (or even signed up with the RCF as a player), but i gathered NONE of the problems you 3 had, and would like to hear more.

i'll be happy to hear input through pm's instead of board posts should anyone choose that option.

Ratings aren't correct, by a long shot. I'm fairly certain that they are based off of a default of par 54 - which we didn't play a single one of last weekend. I'd say that we'll see a significant adjustment when course pars and layouts are input.

top of my head, course pars were: Sioux 63, Rocksprings 57, Creve 69, Endicott 56.

rocksprings i'm SURE of the 57, the other 3 are educated guesses.

After hearing from two good buddys Fatback and Matthew about this tournament I am glad I did not go. I am only a hr 1/2 away and the only way I new about it was I checked the PDGA to see if anything was going on. Glad I didn't waste my money. Sorry Robbie and Matthew for your troubles and I wish y'all could've came down to rolla to play a round.

FWIW, ratings have absolutely nothing to do with course par. If the ratings are funky, it's likely that the TD messed up and put different divisions on the same course when they played different courses during a round.

Latest posts