• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Stable compliment for a hatchet?

JOwens

Par Member
Just got a tourney plastic 174g hatchet, that flies beautiful for me if I have either a tall or no wind at all. Recommend me a straight shooting compliment for windy days or dead straight shots. The stag and northman throw nearly the same for me would you recommend one over the other our something else entirely?

Thanks

I use a Culverin to compliment my Hatchet. Mine turns a little into a headwind but comes back nicely.

I saw the title and thought a good answer would be:
Any disc! Hatchet is pretty flippy.

I liked both the stag and the longbowmen. Pick which ever you have more confidence in. I like the stag stamp better, but really like the flat top of the bowmen. I'd go stag if I was shopping.

I throw a thunderbird and a discmania FD for that range of shots.

I throw hatchets as my main turning driver. My straight driver is an escape. My headwind driver is a long bowman.

Stag is great but if you have a good arm if will still be affected in a headwind. The Longbowman is more HSS if you want less turn.

Stag is great but if you have a good arm if will still be affected in a headwind. The Longbowman is more HSS if you want less turn.

Longbowman, Stag, Hatchet is a KILLER 8-9 speed lineup.

Have either of you thrown an escape? How would you compare it to the stag? Is it sort of teebird is to eagle as stag is to escape?

The Escape is to me exactly like a Hatchet with a touch more fade. It's a tiny bit faster and less stable than a Stag. Like the new mold Beast conpaired to an Eagle. Though the comparison isn't perfect.

Yeah I have several escapes.. I took em out of the bag because they are basically slightly less stable Stags for my arm. For lots of ppl they are almost identical but the stag stays flatter, longer without the wiggle for me.

What I carry from under to over stable.
Fury (close to a hatchet), Saint, Saint Pro, Longbowman, xxx.

It's just a matter of how much (over)stability are you looking for.

Latest posts