• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Stag as main fairway driver?

The Mickstar

Berg Gang
After trying a bunch of fairway drivers, I like the hand feel of the Stag the best.

My current Stag is a VIP Chameleon, but I'm thinking about picking up a couple more in different plastics to cover different stabilities (to minimize molds). It looks like Tournament and VIP-X can both be found relatively easily.

Does anyone use the Stag in different plastics as their main fairway mold? Which plastics do you use, and what stabilities do each cover?

Thanks.

My wife bags Stags and has them in a variety of plastics. I find them a little on the understable side for my liking but I have thrown hers.

Totally going off of memory when it comes to the VIP, VIP chameleon, and the hybrid plastics but I remember them all flying pretty similar. She does have a VIP-X that is a little more stable but once again I'm going off of memory.

Maybe someone else will come along and help you out.

Depends what you're looking for in a main fairway mold. If you mean straight to fade Teebird role then they'd definitely fill that role, especially max weight VIP-X. The regular VIPs would probably beat in enough to serve as rollers/turnovers eventually but you'd probably still want a Firebird/Felon etc for really windy days

After trying a bunch of fairway drivers, I like the hand feel of the Stag the best.

My current Stag is a VIP Chameleon, but I'm thinking about picking up a couple more in different plastics to cover different stabilities (to minimize molds). It looks like Tournament and VIP-X can both be found relatively easily.

Does anyone use the Stag in different plastics as their main fairway mold? Which plastics do you use, and what stabilities do each cover?

Thanks.

I did for years as my main backhand fairway. If you have intermediate or below arm speed it's going to cover a lot of lines for you and be long enough to be near as far as most discs for you.

As I have worked on my backhand I need a bit more OS disc, but I still carry a Stag often for hyzerflips and turnovers.

Latest posts