• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Standard DGCR thread, Does this count?

Is it in or out?

• In

Votes: 72 97.3%
  • Out

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters
My friend missed a putt, got mad, threw a sidearm from 10 feet away with his nightshift boss and that was the result.

If he already missed his putt then threw another disc, then it's a practice putt which is not allowed. He gets a warning and an added stroke next time he whips an extra disc at the basket.
I could be wrong, just trying to be technical.

i would say that it is in considering that it is touching the chains

I would say that shot is in. The way I read the rule is the shot counts if it gets held up or wedged while inside the basket and that one is definitely inside.

If he already missed his putt then threw another disc, then it's a practice putt which is not allowed. He gets a warning and an added stroke next time he whips an extra disc at the basket.
I could be wrong, just trying to be technical.

You are over thinking this. I was just wondering what would be the ruling if this did happen in a tournament. This obviously was in a casual round as no one would do that during a tournament.

It's good. Disc is supported by the chains and it entered the target below the bottom of the chain support and above the top of the basket rim.

It's good. Disc is supported by the chains and it entered the target below the bottom of the chain support and above the top of the basket rim.

Not necessarily. I now have my doubts. Was that shot thrown from the proper lie or from where he missed the previous putt? We need more info.

The "S" hook had to be purchased separately so it could be argued that it is a part of the "chain support system" which is different than the chains themselves. The disc in the pic is NOT supported by a chain (a series of interlocked metal rings). If we're tightening up the hole out rules, this should be clarified by the rules comittee.

Also, no warning on a practice throw. Auto stroke.

Not necessarily. I now have my doubts. Was that shot thrown from the proper lie or from where he missed the previous putt? We need more info.

It was during a cas round it was not his real shot. For our case, assume it was during a tournament and it was a legit shot. (I don't know why you would ever throw a driver from that close that hard at the basket, but who cares)

I would count it in and thank my lucky stars. Amazing shot!