• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Star Teebird3

I'm definitely going to at least try one. I like my metal flakes a lot though, so well see. Maybe I'd bag them if they were between metal flake and glow T3s in stability. But I have mcbeth MF T3s in that slot. I don't think this is something we really need

I'm definitely going to at least try one. I like my metal flakes a lot though, so well see. Maybe I'd bag them if they were between metal flake and glow T3s in stability. But I have mcbeth MF T3s in that slot. I don't think this is something we really need

How would you rank the MF and Glow in stability?

The board flat metal flakes(they're typically like the 167g ones) are pretty straight w/o nearly any fade. Then there are the ones that have a moderate shoulder(pretty much all the 175s) and those have some fade. Then the glows are very OS for teebirds. So from least OS to most, flat metal flake-> less flat metal flake->glow

The board flat metal flakes(they're typically like the 167g ones) are pretty straight w/o nearly any fade. Then there are the ones that have a moderate shoulder(pretty much all the 175s) and those have some fade. Then the glows are very OS for teebirds. So from least OS to most, flat metal flake-> less flat metal flake->glow

That's on a fairly large sample size as well. 7 glows and 12 metal flake

Anyone get one yet? If so, how flat are they?

Sent an email to DGC - they said they are not super flat like the MF, that they are comparable to the GStar version. The MF teeb3 I have is not all that flat in the first place... :wall:

Sent an email to DGC - they said they are not super flat like the MF, that they are comparable to the GStar version. The MF teeb3 I have is not all that flat in the first place... :wall:

The 175 MFs came out with a higher shoulder. The 168s are much flatter

Bump. Curious on how these fly to similar MF and current Avery star teebs.

I grabbed a white 168g yesterday at MSt. Ill be getting it out to the field this coming weekend to see how it flies. Its not as flat as I anticipated, but flat enough for my liking. Certainly flatter than the your standard TB. Probably comparable to the Leopard3s.

Put 2 Star T3's in the bag last week and I love them! A 167g and a 171g. Both are board-flat and are very point-and-shoot discs. I was getting them both to about 360-375' without lateral movement.

I got a 175, it definitely flies more stable than the MF. Probably about the same or a tick more than the regular champion run, exactly what I was hoping for

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

I got a 175, it definitely flies more stable than the MF. Probably about the same or a tick more than the regular champion run, exactly what I was hoping for

Dang, more stable than a regular champ teeb? I consider those pretty beefy, although I've only ever found them in max wt.

Basically I'm trying to pick up a flat teebird to use as a workhorse forehand disc - I presently have a 175g MF T3 that is less flat than I expected. Unfortunately it sounds like a truly flat T3 is harder to come by than one might expect.

I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on either another MF or a star in something closer to 166-170g, which is my preferred weight. Anyone else able to confirm the relative stability/flatness on these stars?

Dang, more stable than a regular champ teeb? I consider those pretty beefy, although I've only ever found them in max wt.

Basically I'm trying to pick up a flat teebird to use as a workhorse forehand disc - I presently have a 175g MF T3 that is less flat than I expected. Unfortunately it sounds like a truly flat T3 is harder to come by than one might expect.

I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on either another MF or a star in something closer to 166-170g, which is my preferred weight. Anyone else able to confirm the relative stability/flatness on these stars?
I have never thrown a regular Champ Teebird, but I have a couple of the champ T3s and that's what I'm basing it off. Mine is nice and flat and does much better on a forehand than my metal flake one does. The MF just goes dead straight with barely any fade