• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Status of Circle C?

skurf

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
I'm planning on going out to play it this weekend, but it would be nice to know if it's actually open/ready. Anyone have word on this or been out there this week?

ooops. wrong cirlce...

This was posted 3/25 on pdga.
"There is a workday at Circle C this Saturday, Mar 28 starting at 9am. This will probably be the last workday before the course re-opens. For the most part, there will be rock to move and mulch to spread. Please bring rakes and shovels.

As a bonus, DiscNation will be giving volunteers $10 certificates for participating. Thank you, DiscNation. "

Circle C

Went out to play hole 1 and spoke with a worker and they said it would be ready to open in a week, not sure if that means this weekend or next week.
i work close by Circle C, i will check this week, Friday, and post an update.

Went out to play hole 1 and spoke with a worker and they said it would be ready to open in a week, not sure if that means this weekend or next week.
i work close by Circle C, i will check this week, Friday, and post an update.

Thanks, I appreciate that. Can't wait to see what they've done to the course. Was hole 1 the same as the previous hole 1?

if Circle C is open, Im gonna have to get my butt out there and play this weekend! I cant wait....please post if this course is open or not...its a drive for me coming from North Austin

I was there yesterday and there are no baskets. Hole 1 has two tees and the long one was covered with a large pile of mulch. The concrete teepads are the largest I've ever seen (probably 6' X 10'). There are cedar posts stacked everywhere hopefully from where they cleared the cedar out of the tight fairways. There are large piles of cedar mulch thoughout the park.

Bump.

Another week past and the weekend approaches. Anyone have any new info on its status?

CIRCLE C STATUS

Went out there yesterday (April 20) during lunch and was able to speak to a couple of workers. They said it would be a week or two. They did say that 9 baskets would be up in a week. Im thinking around May 1st.

Ill keep checking, i go out and throw in the soccer fields by hole 1 during lunch. Anyone want to join, come on out.:cool:

I think the weather was holding back a lot of work that was supposed to be done by the city. They still need to put in signs at each hole and trashcans/benches. Someone at PIAS told me they are still waiting on the baskets to arrive as well. Waterloo is holding the mini there on May 2 and said that it will 100% be in by May 2. Hopefully the city is able to finish their part of the job so they can put the baskets asap. Also the return of Circle C might mean Zilker returns to 9 holes again...which will suck

I think the weather was holding back a lot of work that was supposed to be done by the city. They still need to put in signs at each hole and trashcans/benches. Someone at PIAS told me they are still waiting on the baskets to arrive as well. Waterloo is holding the mini there on May 2 and said that it will 100% be in by May 2. Hopefully the city is able to finish their part of the job so they can put the baskets asap. Also the return of Circle C might mean Zilker returns to 9 holes again...which will suck

I have no idea the accuracy of this claim, but I heard they used some of the old Circle C baskets to make Zilker 18. I also heard they're getting new baskets for Circle C so there would really be no reason to reduce Zilker back to 9.

Another thing I heard a while back was that the church in Lakeway donated their baskets from their now extinct course to the City of Lakeway, who was going to build a new course. Anyone know anything about this?

I have no idea the accuracy of this claim, but I heard they used some of the old Circle C baskets to make Zilker 18. I also heard they're getting new baskets for Circle C so there would really be no reason to reduce Zilker back to 9.

Another thing I heard a while back was that the church in Lakeway donated their baskets from their now extinct course to the City of Lakeway, who was going to build a new course. Anyone know anything about this?

Circle C is getting new baskets but there was a reason Zilker was only 9 holes, erosion. They city will not let them keep all 18 in forever. what I said was simply a guess because I could see them pulling them out when Circle C returns or after the Worlds Biggest event. Zilker can't take the amount of traffic, as you can see the grass just does not grow there like it used to

Last edited:
Looks like it will be another week or two. This was posted today:

Circle C will not be open by this weekend due to lack of equipment and the weather. Last week PARD redirected a lot of its resources to the sod project at Zilker Park which left Circle C behind schedule and the rain this week has not allowed for enough work to be done to complete everything that still needs to be done before the course opens. Look for the course to be completed in another week or two.

----------------------------------------

On a related note...

The Waterloo Disc Golf Club's 1st Saturday Monthly Mini at Circle C on May 2nd has been CANCELLED.

Please support the World's Biggest Disc Golf Weekend Event at Circle R in Wimberley, the Double R Disc Golf Club's Bag Tag Tournament, or the San Antonio Bud Open instead.

The Club's next 1st Saturday Monthly Mini will be at Circle C on June 6.

Please help us spread the word as it was already announced and posted in several places and we don't want anyone to drive out there Saturday morning only to find no course and no mini.

We will keep you updated on the revised opening date and any related activities as soon as we have more information.

The rain we have been getting has been great for everything… except for getting our course back. Hang in there with us, we hope it will be up soon.
http://www.austindiscgolf.org/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=42

Circle C is finally open. I played it this morning. There are no signs yet but dual concrete tee pads, brand new baskets, benches at many holes, much of the dense cedar from the old layout was removed and it's only 18 holes now. It is very similar to the way it was but just seems cleaner and more open. The old hole 21 is the new hole 18 so it starts and finishes the same as before.

Circle C is finally open. I played it this morning. There are no signs yet but dual concrete tee pads, brand new baskets, benches at many holes, much of the dense cedar from the old layout was removed and it's only 18 holes now. It is very similar to the way it was but just seems cleaner and more open. The old hole 21 is the new hole 18 so it starts and finishes the same as before.

Thanks sidewinding. Here is an updated review of the course. http://www.dgcoursereview.com/reviews.php?id=542&mode=rev

Latest posts