• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] Step up from Zone?

smoothplayer

Banned
What disc is out there that is a slight step up from a Zone but not OS 9 speed fairway (FB, Raptor, etc)?

I was thinking maybe Legacy Pursuit? I have a VIP Anvil and it's a little too stable. Maybe I need to trash the Anvil for a few years. Baseline Justice maybe beat in? Looks OOP though.

A2 is a fine choice. I bag one in 300 plastic, but would not say it's a step up from a zone. To me you're looking for a Verdict or a Malta for more distance than a Zone… alternately a Justice or Mutant will get you more stability than those two.

If you want a 7 speed, get a Champ Banshee. A Latitude64 XXX is basically a 9 speed, I don't consider it a 7 speed.

Last edited:
There are a ton of steps in between, A2 is great, Justice is faster and more OS, Anvil is nice(and I have one for sale in the marketplace).

There are a ton of steps in between, A2 is great, Justice is faster and more OS, Anvil is nice(and I have one for sale in the marketplace).

Looking for something precisely like an Anvil but not quite as beefy. My Anvil is really close to my Justice in terms of stability.

I would enthusiastically agree with the A2. It has a lot more glide and distance potential than a Zone. It sits between my zone and my Firebird for forehand distance. I like it in the 400g plastic- it can give a decent skip as well. Great disc.
It won out for me over the A3, the Justice and the Gator for that midrange beef slot. (The zone or pig is in the putter slot).

IME, I think the A2 is a side step from the zone. It is quite a bit more OS and shorter than a zone for me. Same-ish speed. Same-ish role. Flexes better than a zone, tho, being more OS. I've thrown premiums.

MVP resistor might be a good choice. I believe they are hard to come by though. Lucid X Verdict, too.

Gateway demon is a speed 6 zone. Some runs of HD came out really flat but weren't as OS, so there's that to watch out for. If you want beefcake and don't like much done then they aren't for you. It's not a standard shaped dome and doesn't feel terribly coney unless you put your thumb in the middle of the flight plate.

Latitude Trident held this spot in my bag for years. Recently came across an old mold MVP Resistor and it has subbed in there seamlessly. Too bad both these molds are OOP (new Resistor isn't the same disc) or at least hard to come by special runs.

Latest posts