• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

storage boxes for your discs.

gorillaboy

Double Eagle Member
so recently I decided to try out the boxes from box4discs to store all the random plastic I got around the house. I'm really liking them! anyone else tried them out yet?
I've tried out plastic storage bins and home made racks over the years but I'm really liking these boxes so far.

They seem pretty sweet. Any idea what the prices are on them shipped? Poked around for a second but didn't see prices.

The FACEBOOK Special has been 6 for 54 shipped or 4 for 38 shipped. We just ask you like the facebook page and send us a message there and we will invoice you. The offer is good in the US only - Add $7.50 for extra shipping to Canada...

The boxes normally retail for 10.98 w/ $9.99 Flat Rate Shipping...

We will also ship 6 trays only for 33 for those folks who don't need a lid.

https://www.facebook.com/Box4Discs

Sure... But they are sized to fit a Comet or smaller and the handle ends are a full inch thick when the box lids are nested or closed. Each box can hold up to 25 putters or 28 midranges... Obviously more drivers. I've seen the boxes stacked 12 high when full.

When using boxes for storage, I use the boxes that hold 20lbs of printer paper. 10 reams stacked 2x5. Perfect width for 2 rows of discs (17"X11"). Plus, if you work at a company that goes through lots of paper, they're free! In my searches, I've yet to find anything else that size, which is very ideal. Nice product, but personally, at 9 bucks, I'd want something plastic.
Like some plastic drawers I have, that are also a perfect size for two rows of discs...I'll try to find a brand/model when I get home.

I'm gonna be kicking some discs out of my bag and I have a milk carton or 2 sitting around. Probably just going to use those. I can see printer paper boxes working well too. You could also go to Staples or Office Depot and ask if they have any of those empties laying around.

I modify all kinds of boxes...headlight boxes from dad's body shop, shoe boxes, and flat-rate USPS boxes that I receive discs in! also I use the plastic sterilite containers with the lids because they stack so well..and I also made some PVC racks that are nice

Got my trotterboxes today. They seem pretty sturdy although one of them unfolded on me at one point. Much better than my current storage options. Shipping has gone up since the beginning of this thread. Overall I am happy with my purchase.

Got my trotterboxes today. They seem pretty sturdy although one of them unfolded on me at one point. Much better than my current storage options. Shipping has gone up since the beginning of this thread. Overall I am happy with my purchase.

Glad you like them... It was suggested that if you use them as the tray only, you might want to tape the two inner flaps together before folding over the ends to make the boxes more permanent.

Shipping went up, cuz our shipping costs went up. 11.99 Flat Rate Shipping anysize order.

Currently there is a discount code for 33% OFF in the store 33BX4D1 that is good until 33 people use it. It's getting really close to expiring.

The store web address is www.box4discs.storenvy.com

The discount code is good on everything in the store - Storage Boxes, Mailers and the 9 x 9 polybags.

Excited to say we have sold 1,000+ of these since their introduction - try us out... we think you'll like'em.

Last edited:
I like to take pieces of foam pip insulation and put at the bottom of my boxes to protect the edges on the discs. Are the boxes tall enough to be able to that and still close the lid?

I like to take pieces of foam pip insulation and put at the bottom of my boxes to protect the edges on the discs. Are the boxes tall enough to be able to that and still close the lid?

Hrmmm... hard to day - boxes fit inside a 20x10x10 outerbox and a Comet fits nicely... so not sure how much room is left, I guess it depends on how big the foam pipe insulation is...

I can only suggest you give it a try and see.

Bump? Saw these at Safeway for a buck fitty a piece, well made and with handles. I already have a bunch of "trotter'esque" boxes from jimmy johns, for free.

But these may be a good option for those without jimmy johns, or financing trotter boxes.

picture.php

picture.php

I figured out that the boxes that the Discmania store uses to ship disc's in work great for storing plastic. Cut the top folded pieces off and voila....a great box for storing disc's vertically. I'll take a pic and post when I'm home over lunch.

Wow... three year old thread... has it been that long?

IMAG0155_original.jpg

Our design was built around the dimensions of a Z Comet - the concept is to limit storage wear by limiting the movement of the disc... combined with polybags to protect the hotstamps we believe we've come up with a pretty good system for protecting discs.

35,000 sold to date. After discount codes you can get 4 shipped to you for $48, 10 for $111, or 20 for $200.00 - that includes the FedEx shipping costs since they are over-sized and unable to be shipped via USPS. Each comes with a full depth lid and 4 dividers.

Latest posts