• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Straight Putters

Midnightbiker

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
I am looking for a putter that flies dead straight with no fade. Any recommendations?

I am so happy with the Gateway Magic S-Soft I can't begin to tell you. It flys so straight for me. I love locking down on that one link in the chains you want hit.

I have always preferred the wizard or the aviar (star or pro). Both will help make improvements to your game.

I am so happy with the Gateway Magic S-Soft I can't begin to tell you. It flys so straight for me. I love locking down on that one link in the chains you want hit.

I have actually ordered on of those and it should be here next week. I look forward to trying it.

What about the Areo?

The Aero has a larger diameter and the nose comes to a sharper angle than a putter...so it is designed more like a driver. It has that large diameter, so it glides great. If you can figure out how to finesse it and take advantage of the glide, you can use it for some nice long straight approach shots. However, the nose is not blunt enough IMO to be an effective as a putter. It just does not grab the chains like an Aviar or Wizard.

I have actually ordered on of those and it should be here next week. I look forward to trying it.

What about the Areo?

Let us know what you think of it, after you get to use it for a while.

I used an Aviar for many years, but switched to a Wizard in 2007. I love it! It fits my hand better than an Aviar. The Aviar is by far the most popular putter out there, though.

I am with Olorin. I also used a star Aviar for the past 2-3 years. Recently bought a Wizard just to have an extra putter. I have completely switched. The Wizard is simply a better fit for me.

I am looking to get a Wizard. I noticed that on discgolfcenter there is a Wizard, Wizard Medium, soft Wizard, super soft Wizard and a super stupid soft Wizard. Which one is the one that most poeple are using and that they like so much? I noticed that the standard and Medium Wizard have a slightly different flight rating than the Soft, Super Soft and Super Stupid Soft. Is there really much of a difference?

i used the wizard for a long time, still have 2, but in the past 6-8 months i've gone to the Warlock (next generation Wizard) and i love it...

I used the omega super soft putters, and J/K aviar for quite a while, and still have an omega super soft in my bag for windy conditions since it is more controlable than a blowfly. I also have several putters that I use as just practice putters for my back yard , a few are wizards. I have not thrown the softest version, but all the other wizards seem to be the same. The best advantage to the softest disc is that if you play courses that are hilly, the soft disc will land where you throw it and typically not roll/skip. The softer disc does take some getting used to, but it's well worth being patient.

I am looking to get a Wizard. I noticed that on discgolfcenter there is a Wizard, Wizard Medium, soft Wizard, super soft Wizard and a super stupid soft Wizard. Which one is the one that most poeple are using and that they like so much? I noticed that the standard and Medium Wizard have a slightly different flight rating than the Soft, Super Soft and Super Stupid Soft. Is there really much of a difference?

I ordered a super soft wizard yesterday, I'll report back with a review once I try it out.

I ordered a super soft wizard yesterday, I'll report back with a review once I try it out.

Thanks. I am interested to know what they are like. I wish a store around me carried them but they all carry strictly Innova Discs. That normally doesn't bother me since I am Innova guy but it doesn't help me in this situation. :)

Does anyone have a suggestion of a putter for players with big hands? I use an aviar and like it okay, but it doesn't fit my hand very well. Most putters don't and that may just have to do with the way the rim is designed, but if anyone has any suggestion that would be great!

Does anyone have a suggestion of a putter for players with big hands? I use an aviar and like it okay, but it doesn't fit my hand very well. Most putters don't and that may just have to do with the way the rim is designed, but if anyone has any suggestion that would be great!

Try a Magnet.

Latest posts