• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Straight stable, high glide, high fade fairways

from my expierence the resistor is exactly what you want. they fly straight with hss of teebirds n such but have a more pronounced fade, similar to an eagle x's

honorable mentions to fd2, dx whippet,prodigy f1 and gateway blaze

Last edited:
suppose i'll second the vote for the dx firebird or dx banshee in addition to my seasoned up gl trident suggestion but the dx won't last too long if you play a lot in the woods.

DX Firebird is pretty good for this but they beat in fast and in my experience end up just straight flyers. If you want to try something slower than a Teebird give a max weight champ Gazelle a try. You might have to power it down just a little and in champ plastic you will lose some glide but it is a great disc.

A light (167ish) Resistor is great for this. If you want heavier, a first run gunmetal Legend Rival is tits, but they're not as easy to find. All my other Rivals have more of a forward fade.

I recommend the Eagle X. The EX has the same rim-width as the Tbird, if you are comfortable with the feel of the Tbird.

Eagles only get better as they season and you can cover all sorts of shots with it.