• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Strangest Place You Ever Found A Disc

Ive found a disc in the middle of the street in my negiborhood, it sat there for like 8 hours, so i stopped and picked it up, there was no name or # on it, but it had alot of teeth marks, so i threw it into the yard with a big dog.

My good friend's parents' house is WAAAY out in the sticks, where they own a good chunk of land, much of it untamed shrubbery...as they were landscaping and clearing out a bunch of the crap, they ran across this beat up old-school driver (don't remember what it is, and I know my kid's got it out in the garage somewhere, so I'll track it down) with a bunch of dog bite marks on it...except they had never thrown a DG disc (or any Frisbees, for that matter) to the dogs they had, and their dogs had certainly never been that deep fetching anything, so it was kind of a mystery. Anyways, they gave it to me because "You do that Frisbee golfin' stuff, don't ya?" and of course I obliged.

I was down at a course in southern colorado springs and we made it to about 10 then had to get back to the car because a big lightening storm came through and really only lasted about 10 minutes. We play 10 and get to 11 and there is a brand new champion beast sitting in the middle of the fairway right next to my drive. It was in a perfectly clear area that no one could have possibly missed. no name or number and like maybe one scratch. I have no idea why it was there, maybe the disc gods are tossing out freebees these days and i hadnt heard about it. nice little pick up though. obviously a buddy used it and hucked it in a lake less than a week later. figures

I found a lst run Boss in the middle of the fairway at a course in North Carolina. I was so shocked I started looking around to see if I wasn't being set up,lol.

High School PE disc

My buddy (who lives about 2 miles from the local course) found an archangel sitting in his front yard when he went to let his dog out the other day. When he flipped it over it had one of the local high school's Phys Ed Department initials on it. (They occasionally bus the kids down to throw during PE). The only thing we could think of is that a random bus driver found it and tossed it out the window either on his way to or from the bus barn, which is only a few blocks away from his house. His house is definitely not along a school bus route so it probably wasn't a student. Weird.

Several weeks ago I was playing Shady Oaks in Sacramento Area and I decided to pick up a Epic at their pro shop just to try it out. As I walk up hole 5's fairway, I spot a red disc way up in a tree. I figured since no one was behind me I could spend some time trying to knock it down. When I finally succeeded.... it turned out to be a brand new Epic!!!!
I called the guy and he told me to keep it. Damn It!!!! I just spent 12 bucks for no reason. Does anone want an epic?

I found a champ "something" when I was first starting to play on top of a cut down tree. Not on top of the tree while it was laying on the ground, on top of the remaining trunk, which was a good 12 feet tall.

Ah yes, the infamous "in the as*" response. I hope wholeheartedly no one has found a disc there.

Yeah. Was active on a message board a while back where the debate over whether that actually happened or not (it did, sort of) raged hot and heavy for years. So at this point, I cannot hear "what's the strangest place . . . " without that inevitably coming to mind.

Yeah. Was active on a message board a while back where the debate over whether that actually happened or not (it did, sort of) raged hot and heavy for years. So at this point, I cannot hear "what's the strangest place . . . " without that inevitably coming to mind.

If you didn't notice I went with the modernized version from Mallrats.

I took my brother to play his first round of DG ever. A new course opened near my mom's house and we were both there. He was immediately hooked. Went and bought him some discs the next day. He calls me a week later to tell me he just climbed on his roof to get down a frisbee that had been up there for months (well before he ever started playing DG). Said it was an Aviar in decent shape. No idea how a random putter gets on his roof. He claims it must be his destiny to play disc golf ever since this happened.

That's what I thought!

Just sat my bag down to get out a Roc to approach with. happen to notice this pale green looking thing in there...was all like :confused:

I've had a ton of new discs in my bag that I didn't know where they came from. It confused me at first until I realized it wasn't my bag and that the other guy on my card was blankly looking into my bag just as I was in his...

Latest posts