• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Strangest Place You Ever Found A Disc

Today I was out playing a private course (cant imagine it gets much traffic at ALL!) and one of the guys who I was shooting with stumbles on a disc in the middle of a fairway. Look on the back of it and it had a name inked on it... "nikko locastro"

I wonder how that phone call is going to go trying to get that disc back to him!:popcorn:

Found disc story: A Champion Wraith leaning up against a curb with nothing around but office buildings and empty lots, not even a decent practice field in site. At least 10 miles away from any DG course too.

Lost disc story *sigh*: My gf was working the closing shift at our local bar and I was there keeping her company ;). At close they kick us all out and I have to wait in the car for a bit until she is done working. I decide it would be fun to toss my putter at a 55gal. steel drum that is in the parking lot.

*sigh*

After having fun and being rewarded with the cool sound of my disc hitting the hollow drum, I go to toss my putter back in the general direction of our car. It goes sailing into some thick bushes that were in front of the car. :|

No biggie, I get a flashlight from the car and start looking. I turn up nothing. It is 2:30am and I've just closed the bar, mind you. I just could not find the damn thing and I decide to come back for it the morning. Got there about 10am and it was not there. :confused:

:doh: :doh:

Today I was out playing a private course (cant imagine it gets much traffic at ALL!) and one of the guys who I was shooting with stumbles on a disc in the middle of a fairway. Look on the back of it and it had a name inked on it... "nikko locastro"

I wonder how that phone call is going to go trying to get that disc back to him!:popcorn:

This is kind of off topic, but it is a Nikko story. Me and my buddy were playing DeLa and I found a disc not too far off the fairway on hole 3, it had Nikko's name & number, I just had the number dialed into my phone, when my buddy points to fairway 5 & says there is Nikko right there. I yelled over and said I found his disc, he asked if I could throw it his way & said thanks (I still don't know if it was a left disc from hole 3, or a wild shot from hole 5). Anyway we were a few holes behind him & his group for the rest of the evening. We get back to the parking lot & it is nearly dark, we see Nikko in the lot packing up to leave, while me & my friend BS in the parking lot. Nikko drives off & then it is just us & one other car in the lot. The other car starts to take off & stopped to ask if we left our bags in the parking lot, we said no & went to check them out, I pulled a disc out & found it was Nikko's bag. I immediately called him as his number was in my phone from earlier, he answered & I asked if he was missing a disc golf bag. He answered "you got to be effing kidding me! I left my bag?", I said no "you left TWO bags" (these were both very nice bags stuffed to the gills too). He quickly returned to the lot, when he drove up he commented on how "retarded" he was, then proceeded to comment on how nice we were to call. Then he grabbed his bags & left.
The End

This is kind of off topic, but it is a Nikko story. Me and my buddy were playing DeLa and I found a disc not too far off the fairway on hole 3, it had Nikko's name & number, I just had the number dialed into my phone, when my buddy points to fairway 5 & says there is Nikko right there. I yelled over and said I found his disc, he asked if I could throw it his way & said thanks (I still don't know if it was a left disc from hole 3, or a wild shot from hole 5). Anyway we were a few holes behind him & his group for the rest of the evening. We get back to the parking lot & it is nearly dark, we see Nikko in the lot packing up to leave, while me & my friend BS in the parking lot. Nikko drives off & then it is just us & one other car in the lot. The other car starts to take off & stopped to ask if we left our bags in the parking lot, we said no & went to check them out, I pulled a disc out & found it was Nikko's bag. I immediately called him as his number was in my phone from earlier, he answered & I asked if he was missing a disc golf bag. He answered "you got to be effing kidding me! I left my bag?", I said no "you left TWO bags" (these were both very nice bags stuffed to the gills too). He quickly returned to the lot, when he drove up he commented on how "retarded" he was, then proceeded to comment on how nice we were to call. Then he grabbed his bags & left.
The End

Wow. That's cool, weird he didn't toss something your way. Guess karma owes you like 30 some discs now eh?

Old Gonzales Jail, Gonzales Tx. Yes finding a disc on a "disc course" is awesome but strange, more like expected. But Discs in a jail built in the 1800's oh yeah!

Wow. That's cool, weird he didn't toss something your way. Guess karma owes you like 30 some discs now eh?

That crossed my mind too, but I was just happy I could help out. Although it would have been REALLY easy to just pick them up a bail. Or maybe I should have taken them both & called later & made him come to me. Yeah I'll do that next time.

Found lots of discs in the snow. One by a teepad, one in a fairway, another almost in the road, another WAY off in no mans land between holes.

Don't think snow is a strange PLACE to find discs, but it seems like an easy place to do so. Wondering why people aren't more careful throwing into 2' deep snow?

Found lots of discs in the snow. One by a teepad, one in a fairway, another almost in the road, another WAY off in no mans land between holes.

Don't think snow is a strange PLACE to find discs, but it seems like an easy place to do so. Wondering why people aren't more careful throwing into 2' deep snow?

this, a buddy and i found a pro firebird and another one that i forgot the name of, just laying in the fairway, guessing they lost them in the snow too

my buddy lost a disc in the thicket to the left of the fairway on hole 3 (between 3 and 4). we searched for a solid hour for that disc, since he had just bought it that day with no luck. we played many times for the next few weeks after that and he replaced it a week later. I went for a wake up and play round at about 7am one day and as I drive on hole 3 my disc goes through some thick branches/leaves and out pop two discs - mine still in flight and another falling to the ground. It was my buddy's disc, and I have no clue how it got to where it was at or even exactly where it was at. I told him I found it by driving with it on hole 1 for our round at 10 later that day :).

i have nikkos phone number. if you want to try to get it back to him just let me know.

I lost a disc on a open course in mid July and found it under thick dead grass in late October. I was amazed that the lawn mowers didn't rip the thing to shreds.

I live and play in Ohio and once found a disc with a name and number on the back. I knew I was leaving the next morning on a cross country road trip so I put it in my bag and I figured I would call the guy once I got back from my vacation.

We ended up playing Whistlers Bend in Oregon and I loaned that disc to a friend of mine because he's not a disc golfer and didn't have any of his own. He then proceeded to miss the basket on hole 9 and fall off the cliff and landing in an unreachable spot next to a dozen or so other discs on the bank of the river.

I always wondered if anyone ever grabbed that disc and called the number. Some guy from Ohio out there wondering how his disc got clear out to Oregon

One time a buddy of mine threw a drive down a big hill with woods all down the left side of the fairway and couldn't find it. We looked for about fifteen minutes before I saw it about six feet off the ground sitting balanced on the very end of a broken off tree branch. No twigs or anything supporting it, just balanced on the maybe four inch thick branch.

2 years ago i was playing a course in chicago a couple minutes from my house i was the only one there and walkin on the fourth hole i found a old mold champ beast with no name and number so i kept it, a couple minutes later i was on hole 5 and when i got closer to the basket about to putt i found a start 175 brand new destroyer just chillin in the basket with no name or anything those discs are now beat in perfectly and two of my go to discs, i couldnt be hapier

probably my strangest place was right in the middle of the fairway, with nobody remotely nearby. that CE leopard with two other lesser discs.

lost disc

A friend and I were playing tuscawilla in daytona beach the day before a tropical storm was passing and it was pretty windy, after we threw our drives and were walking down the fairway a disc fell out of a palm tree and hit me in the shoulder, i picked it up and it was double stamped with the logo for wing deer park in Johnson City, Tn. the irony is is that is my home town! i had lived in daytona for the previous 15 years and had never played wing deer. I have since played it many times on my visits to see family.

Found a wizard next to the practice basket, notice a huge group of 20+ teenagers heading to hole one asked if it belonged to them and no one claimed it. 4 holes later I got my first ever ace with that disc.

my friend is going to find his disc in a weird place... his bag

my friend lost one of his favorite discs in Nov 2010. the disc was recently found but i snagged it before the person notified my friend.

the next round i play, i'm going to slip it into his bag at about hole #3 or so :p

can't WAIT to see his reaction. i wont tell him the truth until we finish for the day. let him stare blankly at his bag for the next 15 holes!! HAHA

Latest posts