• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Streamline Drift

Any comparisons between this and a relay? I assume relay is a bit slower and more understable. But anything else? My circuit relay is beginning to turn a bit more than I'd like for some straight lines and idk if I want to add a new relay or drift

My couple years old lighter weight Relay is getting bit too flippy for my taste, was wondering how would max weight neutron Drift compare to max weight neutron Relay. :confused:

Looking for straight to slightly understable flight for 250-300 feet lines

Drift is faster than the relay. It will fly more stable on shorter drives. The max weight relay should be good for straight drives in the 250-300' when thrown clean.

Trying to get some more feedback:

1. Is the Drift more stable than it's numbers indicate? If so, how would you rate it?

2. How much more stable is the Proton Drift than Neutron?

3. Is it closer to an TL/Leopard 3/FD or like a Eagle-L?

Last edited:
They're definitely MVP plastic. If you want to check an alpha out I'd say go for a 2nd run light blue eternal plastic. It's got that nice bit of give I like in a champ-like plastic, flies 8/4/0/2, powers down fine yet will take a ton of power and fly true.

I tried a 167 champ teebird in the field with my Alphas the other day just because, it seemed to come up short of my alphas on about every shot. I don't care for the dome on my champ teebird either. I know tons of pros/casual players love them and they work great for them, just not for me.

I completely agree with all of this post. I have a 2nd run light blue eternal Alpha and it's everything I wanted my teebirds to be but they never were.

Went to my local PIAS today for an entropy but they were sold out so I decided want to give the drift a try. I gotta say, I'm loving it. It's only day 1 but it pairs well with my volts but it just feels natural for a slightly under stable fairway. I got a 175 proton and it actually was a bit more under stable than I expected. Which isn't bad for what I wanted. Parked a crazy 300' hyzer flip to fade shot that I normally get a nasty tree kick. Excited for this one

Went to my local PIAS today for an entropy but they were sold out so I decided want to give the drift a try. I gotta say, I'm loving it. It's only day 1 but it pairs well with my volts but it just feels natural for a slightly under stable fairway. I got a 175 proton and it actually was a bit more under stable than I expected. Which isn't bad for what I wanted. Parked a crazy 300' hyzer flip to fade shot that I normally get a nasty tree kick. Excited for this one

What are the flight rankings on the Proton?

For me, not quite as much turn and a bit slower. The drift firmly fits in the fairway slot where the heat can be a distance tweener in my experience. That's not saying the drift doesn't go far, it just uses its glide to get there. My drifts come in around 7,6,-1.5,.5

For me, not quite as much turn and a bit slower. The drift firmly fits in the fairway slot where the heat can be a distance tweener in my experience. That's not saying the drift doesn't go far, it just uses its glide to get there. My drifts come in around 7,6,-1.5,.5
Couple more questions:

1. Is the Drift more point-and-shoot than the Heat?

2. Aside from distance, is there anything I couldn't do with Heat that I could do with the Drift and vice-versa?

Thanks.

Point and shoot is a pretty good description of the drift. Give it a bit of hyzer and let it do it's thing. I'd say from my limited experience with a heat that I like the drift more for tunnel shots and you can give the drift a bit more power without it burning. The drift doesn't quite have the sky turnover potential that the heat does but that's not really what I was looking for in this slot.

Has anyone had a Drift long enough to beat the late fade out of it so it can hold a turnover line all the way?

Couple more questions:

1. Is the Drift more point-and-shoot than the Heat?

2. Aside from distance, is there anything I couldn't do with Heat that I could do with the Drift and vice-versa?

Thanks.

Don't know if this helps but;

I throw a lot of Heats, only have one Drift, it's the release with the girls face and basket stamp.
For me it flys a lot closer to the Sting than the Heat, a Sting with a touch more stability.

Don't know if this helps but;

I throw a lot of Heats, only have one Drift, it's the release with the girls face and basket stamp.
For me it flys a lot closer to the Sting than the Heat, a Sting with a touch more stability.

Thanks for the feedback.

I moved on from the Heat to the Drift. The Drift provides a little bit more stability while still being able to shape lines. While the Heat is a good disc and I had some good shots with it, I needed something less finicky for the hyzer-flip/understable role.

I wish streamline would ramp up production. I have really taken to the one drift I have so I'd love to get some backups. Also interested in the lift, newer valks have been kind of duds for me.

I wish streamline would ramp up production. I have really taken to the one drift I have so I'd love to get some backups. Also interested in the lift, newer valks have been kind of duds for me.

That is up to MVP...I'm sure streamline wants as much product as possible.

These sister companies go hit hard