• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] Streamline Runway

The Quake and Runway seem to be interchangeable. Is there any difference between the two?

I haven't thrown my Quake enough to beat it in much (first flight) but flight wise I don't think so. They're both "fade immediately" type OS mids, without being Justice OS, so you can get some straightness out of either if you have enough power. Feel-wise the Runway is much deeper and bigger rimmed feeling than the slimmer Quake. The Runway has sort of a V-tech notch bead so it's beadless but kind of feels like it has one. The Quake has a much more contoured wing, decidedly no bead. The Quake probably does better in wind b/c it's sleeker but I haven't had much trouble in wind with the Runway I bag either. If you really like forehanding mids, I'd definitely lean towards the Quake though.

I haven't thrown my Quake enough to beat it in much (first flight) but flight wise I don't think so. They're both "fade immediately" type OS mids, without being Justice OS, so you can get some straightness out of either if you have enough power. Feel-wise the Runway is much deeper and bigger rimmed feeling than the slimmer Quake. The Runway has sort of a V-tech notch bead so it's beadless but kind of feels like it has one. The Quake has a much more contoured wing, decidedly no bead. The Quake probably does better in wind b/c it's sleeker but I haven't had much trouble in wind with the Runway I bag either. If you really like forehanding mids, I'd definitely lean towards the Quake though.

You the man, thanks!

FYI:

. . . I received my Neutron Runway yesterday and had a chance to compare it with some similar discs today.

Compared to my Cosmic Neutron Stabilizer, the Runway has a little more HSS and a very noticeable amount of extra LSS. I wouldn't call it "dumpy" but it doesn't push when it starts to fade like the Stabilizer. It turns left (RHBH) harder when it loses speed, but still glides, so it gets much further left. It's also a bit longer than the Stabilizer.

Compared to a Cryztal Flx (Get Freaky) Zone, the Runway has similar HSS but a less dumpy fade. The Runway is a bit longer because of that, and gets much further left. The Zone just wants to get to the ground when it starts to slow down.

Compared to a Star Caiman, the Runway is pretty similar stability-wise, but has more glide.

Compared to an R-Pro Pig, the Runway has more HSS and the fade is less dumpy. The Pig is a bit longer and straighter.

Compared to a Frontline Hyzerbomb Mortar, the Runway is a bit more HSS and turns more aggressively left when it starts to slow. Both have decent glide. With Mortars getting harder & harder to find, the Runway is a reasonable alternative.

Compared to a Lucid Verdict, the Runway is noticeably more HSS, has less glide, and the fade is a bit more aggressive/dumpy. (The Verdict pushes forward more as it fades.) The Verdict is a little longer.

Compared to a Lucid Justice, the Runway is less HSS and has much more glide. The Justice turns immediately out of the hand and does nothing but go left and get to the ground. It's a classic one trick pony. The Runway is much longer and more usable.

TLDR: The Runway is very HSS while still having decent glide. It fades aggressively, but isn't in a hurry to get to the ground, so it gets further left than most discs in this class.

Runways are pretty sweet. I have basket hit and a 150' throw in with mine. I agree with The Mickstar, they have pretty good glide for something that overstable. I feel like they get ignored because they aren't an overmold.

Latest posts