• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Stroke Limit...

IrishCreamer

Bogey Member
Curious if there is a stroke limit for tourney play. I see people post scores for casual play where they are a zillion over par and was wondering if that would happen in tourneys if say 6 over par was max or something like that.

I wish there was. I got a double circle 9 today in an Ice Bowl practice round.

No stroke limit in tourney play. There's horror stories of guys with 20+ strokes on water holes on major events.

I don't know about tournament play, but my personal stroke limit is about 10 minutes.

There's no stroke limit for tourney or casual play.

I've only played in two tournaments and one was an Ice bowl and a tier B I played in. If there is no stroke limit then why in the tier B someone on you card does not show up on time and misses a hole he/she gets an eight for the hole. I don't think i've ever got an 8 on a hole before but was just wondering about why someone could not play a hole and get an 8 and someone that plays it could get a 20+. I think if thats the case the person that missed the hole should get the high score +8.

Excerpt: Rule 804.02 A
If a player is not present to throw when it is his or her turn, the scorekeeper shall allow 30 seconds. If the player has not thrown after the 30 seconds has elapsed, a score of par plus four is to be entered for that hole. This procedure continues on any subsequent holes for which a player is absent.

The tourney stroke limit around my neighborhood is, what you get is what goes on the score card.

In casual play in groups of 4 or more, we play a maximum of 6 strokes and then you pick up on par 3 holes and a maximum of 7 strokes on par 4 holes.

It just helps keep speed of play up.

Woodpecker

I'm not 100% knowledgeable about DG rules, but wouldn't skipping a hole constitute a DNF since they didn't complete the entire course?

And in my golf groups we don't have a stroke limit, you get what you get... then go home and cry later. Damn snowmen... :'(

If your running late for the Tourney or second round you can catch up to your card and play from there, however the holes you missed will be a par +4.

If you dont comeback for the second round or you have to leave during the tourney to where you miss several holes, they will give you a 999 for dnf

Ice bowl this last weekend, folks shot some epic scores on a Safari round at Seneca in MD. 15 Hole safari round, totaling ~11,000'; sheet of ice covering ~90% of the course. I tied one of the local 1000+ rated pros for first, with a score of 80. I think the highest score in the tourney was in the 120s, and the average score of the 38 players who finished was 98.7 strokes, an average of more than 6.5 strokes per hole.

AND, people could buy mulligans for charity before the start of the round. Most players used several mulligans, which helped keep scores down; straight out, un-mulligan scores would have probably averaged ~3-4 strokes higher.

Only one player in the tournament didn't card a snowman or worse on at least one hole. Several players shot scores as high as 14 strokes on individual holes.

It was some sick golf. Awesome round... what was that about stroke limits?!?

Ice bowl this last weekend, folks shot some epic scores on a Safari round at Seneca in MD. 15 Hole safari round, totaling ~11,000'; sheet of ice covering ~90% of the course. I tied one of the local 1000+ rated pros for first, with a score of 80. I think the highest score in the tourney was in the 120s, and the average score of the 38 players who finished was 98.7 strokes, an average of more than 6.5 strokes per hole.

AND, people could buy mulligans for charity before the start of the round. Most players used several mulligans, which helped keep scores down; straight out, un-mulligan scores would have probably averaged ~3-4 strokes higher.

Only one player in the tournament didn't card a snowman or worse on at least one hole. Several players shot scores as high as 14 strokes on individual holes.

It was some sick golf. Awesome round... what was that about stroke limits?!?

Until today I would have been like "man ice, cold, wind, trees, god you guys suck" but playing a couple courses up here in the land of snow and ice I have nothing but respect. Kind of like the song, what it means to me is yall are crazy and dedicated. I have to invest in hand warmers, who would have though I need hand warmers to play disc golf.?!?

Until today I would have been like "man ice, cold, wind, trees, god you guys suck" but playing a couple courses up here in the land of snow and ice I have nothing but respect. Kind of like the song, what it means to me is yall are crazy and dedicated. I have to invest in hand warmers, who would have though I need hand warmers to play disc golf.?!?

this weather has been frigid lately .. welcome to the northeast! :D the cold supposed to break this weekend ... so Ill be out at Tyler at some point during the weekend :)

Latest posts