• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Stroller into DG cart...

Well then, since I am kinda in the same boat - I will look at my stroller and see what fabrications come to mind. Unless your stroller is in the same quality range as a BOB I wouldnt recommend waisting time on it if you have rough/steep courses like I do.

Without a pic of the stroller it's a little hard to figure out. But I did help a friend convert a jogging stroller in to a cart.

We went to Home Depot and bought some 1/4 x 1" aluminum and a sheet of aluminum diamond plate and made a triangular box that fit perfectly in the frame. He uses it for a garden cart.

A large bag could easily fit near the back with plenty of space to create compartments for water jug or other stuff.

We made it a permanent part of the cart. You would have to figure out how to make it so it can be easily removed so the cart could be folded up for transporting. But places like Fastenal sell quick release bolts.

I think it's a great idea even for the nobody pro's.
I can't tell you how many times I've been super fatigued half way through a long tournament day.
I'm gonna do it and do it proudly just to save my back and shoulders.

I have the zoomer. Its a three wheeler with 16's in the back and a small, staitionary wheel up front.

I stripped it leaving a black frame. Used plastic paint to blacken the front wheel cover/ "step" and epoxy(?) spray for the cover. Then i replaced the rear tires and intertubes with heavier tread and slime intertubes. I looped black zipties through the old screw holes in the frame.

I have some other mods but thats the basic for a clean mod.

Jogging strollers make excellent bag/cooler carts after your kid is too big to ride around in it anymore. After spending $300 bucks on one brand new I'd rather convert it than sell it for fifty bucks on craigslist. Plus the big tires and wheels are awesome for the rough DFW terrain. Go Carts are just too rough of a ride at some of the courses around the area.

Also I've never seen anyone poke fun at someone around our area for pushing what used to be a stroller. In fact people give out compliments and then try to hit them up for some of the "water" they might have in the cooler that they are effortlessly pushing around the course.

The Bob stroller has shocks (discs may not care but baby likes). With the front wheel rotating it makes it much easier to navigate with. To truly appreciate a BOB gear stroller push around a lesser made stroller for a while. I am not saying that there may not be other good ones out there, I know I can vouch for the BOB Gear stroller we have two and we have no intention of getting rid of either after the kids get old enough.

I can also discus Weddings/cloth diapers/etc... if needed. Five years ago I would of never guessed I would be up on some of these subjects.

:)

I had no clue people even used cloth diapers anymore or that there was such a big market or them until my wife and I had a kid. Sure beats the hell out of buying disposables all the time though.

Helluva derail, so I got twins on the way - more on the cloth diapers!

I want to see pics of people's disc carts. I have a herniated disc in between my shoulder blades. And that limits my disc selection down to about ten. If I ever

I want to see pics of people's disc carts. I have a herniated disc in between my shoulder blades. And that limits my disc selection down to about ten. If I ever played in a tourney, I would either find a caddy, get a cart, or get fatigued.... Hmmmm

http://www.wallypop.net/

Made by company ran by one gal (their latest child has some health issues so they may be open/closed on and off). These were my favorite overall.

We also used Bumpkins http://www.bumkins.com/ Waterproofness wore off after awhile. Very easy to use.

We also picked up others here and there but those were the main two we used. At night we often used disposable so we didn't have to worry about getting up and changing in the middle of the night to help prevent rashes.

I believe i have one of the nicer stroller carts but i cant post pics. Pm me your email if youre that interested.

eFWsrgkl.jpg

Jogging Stroller Rules

Yes, jogging strollers are the ****. Btw Matt Orum, a pro golfer, uses a jogging stroller.

i have a converted jogging stroller. there's not much to it. I stripped it down to the frame then used the original screw holes to attach vinyl straps. the straps are about 8" of material folded back on itself so it's a loop, then i have carabiners on the loops.

i have my bag and a big cooler hanging on it in the picture, with room for another bag. I haven't done all the cup holders and etc yet. you can sit comfortably on the little black plastic piece over the front tire, i'm thinking about putting a pad on it or something

Did it remain foldable?