• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Stuck at 410 feet and need help on how to improve

Sanderrodahl

Going in to My second year of playing discgolf and i throw consistent 410 feet. But want help and tips on how to improve, and to know if its good to throw 410 Feet as a junior player (i'm 14 years old)

Attachments

• IMG_2461.mov
    23.2 MB
Lots to like there.

Issues:
1. You hit the peak of your backswing too early before your front foot toes start to land, and so you start bringing the arm/disc forward early and not quite completing the backswing, so you end up collapsing the upper arm/shoulder and bringing the disc more behind you and have a hard time creating a bigger/deeper power pocket.

I'd recommend doing a full forward pump to the target like Dave Feldberg, which should help delay the backswing. Alternatively I'd recommend keeping the disc more in place instead of moving it further behind you. Door Frame and Loading the Bow Arrow Drills should help.

2. You get too flat on the rear foot and push off your heel and extend the rear knee. You want to push off the instep/ball of foot which should cause the rear knee to bend/flex like walking/running. Elephant Walk, Inside Swing Drill, Swivel Chair, Swivel Stairs Drills should help.

Screen Shot 2024-04-02 at 9.19.07 PM.png

Latest posts