• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Stupid hypothetical hole idea: Funnel hole

BrotherDave

Crushing on Zoe and Hating on Keegan
Diamond level trusted reviewer
You know those big funnel things you see at the mall where you roll a quarter in and watch it ride the funnel down into the middle? Wouldn't it be neat if there was an open field hole where you could do the same thing with a roller for an easy park? :popcorn:

i want to make some holes with a roller ramp in front of the basket to facilitate roller aces. (not joking)

I saw a roller hit the basket once, it hit a tree root sticking above the ground and bounced up.

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.

3242-m.jpg

several roller aces at barfield crescent in murfreesboro, tn due to them having a raised patch of concrete around every basket to make it "handicap accesible"

You know those big funnel things you see at the mall where you roll a quarter in and watch it ride the funnel down into the middle? Wouldn't it be neat if there was an open field hole where you could do the same thing with a roller for an easy park? :popcorn:

I think I would just throw the air shot to go for the ace. Seems like it would be an easy birdie even if I missed...

Now what about an inverted funnel thing hole where you constantly rolled 200 feet away until you aced?

Geez, I haven't seen one of those coin funnel things since the 80's....maybe I'd actually go to the mall if they still had those around here. :(

Pete just hasn't gotten around to building some roller ramps on a hole at Hippodrome in addition to this sunken basket.

I think I would just throw the air shot to go for the ace. Seems like it would be an easy birdie even if I missed...

Now what about an inverted funnel thing hole where you constantly rolled 200 feet away until you aced?

I think this was the Ice Bowl at Idlewild in 2009. About three inches of snow with an inch of ice over it (you had to stomp your heals in to walk). On hole 3 we threw our tee shots to the landing zone (or vicinity of) and you are about 250' from the pin uphill and dropping off to the right. A guy on my card proceeded to throw 5 straight shots up the hill that slid back down to near the bottom before getting one to stick (I think it was our 2nd hole so the ice was nice and smooth). I threw my approach shot shot which proceeded to slide back to about 6 feet in front of me, I then turned and aimed for the thickest brush I could find (smartest thing I did all day).