• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

stupid toes

Cradical

Birdie Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
I played a lot of soccer and ultimate frisbee over this summer, and it seems that I hurt my big toe on my right foot. Now, whenever I try to drive when I play disc golf (RHFH), I push off and don't get as much power as I would like and it hurts like crazy. Has anybody else ever run into a similar problem or have any random ideas that might help?

Sounds like the frisbee gods are trying to tell you that it's time to learn to throw backhand. You don't use your right big toe very much with the backhand.

I agree, go see a doctor or visit a clinic to have it examined and x-rayed. Putting it off just means it could take longer to heal once you get it looked at. Not to mention you could increase the damage done.

I agree, go see a doctor or visit a clinic to have it examined and x-rayed. Putting it off just means it could take longer to heal once you get it looked at. Not to mention you could increase the damage done.

I also agree with the last two post. If it hurts that bad, you need to see the doctor.

Its probably just a muscle strain. I throw RHBH and sometimes when I play a lot of golf I have this issue on my right big toe. Seems to go away in a few days with a little rest/relaxation.

yeah that's some good advice thanks guys. I think I'll probably take it easy for a couple weeks and then see how things feel and if they still suck, I'll head to the dreaded doctor.

I have broken toes without realizing it, with similar effects. If you have health insurance, get it checked out. However, if you don't have health insurance, there isn't much anyone can do for a broken toe other than to tell you to stay off of it and charge you lots of money. If that's the case, stay off of it and send me lots of money.;)

In October I was throwing a long bomb during a tournament and my right foot suddenly hurt really, really bad as I released. I thought it was just a sprain at first so I took good care of it (ice and elevating it until the swelling was gone and then a heating pad). But after a couple weeks, it didn't seem to be healing anymore so I had it checked out.

Turns out I had a stress fracture, my third metatarsal was broken so they put a removable boot on my foot for a month that secured it in place. In my case, keeping it from moving is what helped it heal so fast. Without that boot, it would have taken much longer for it to heal.

Rest is best! Sounds like either turf toe or stress fracture. I fractured my left metatarsal this summer throwing RHFH and that night my foot had swelled to twice its normal size! It hurts like hell, but rest and ice is really all the quacks will tell you to do. I just stayed off it a few weeks and it got better.

yeah I was thinking it might be turf toe due to the amount of soccer I played on artificial turf this summer. I played a round of golf a week ago though and I didn't really notice ( maybe because it was 25 degrees out). At least it's good that I want to do something about it now when I can really golf anyway with all the snow and such.
Lol I don't think I'll give up the game cause of a silly toe, sorry discinator. And cut off my toe? Then I couldn't play soccer anymore and would probably go nuts.
Hopefully I'll manage to stay off playing indoor soccer til next semester but that's a lot to ask.

Turf toes was the 1st thing that came to mind when i read your description. I've had it before from playing semi pro football. It sucks and takes forever to heal and there not much you can do to speed it up. gl man lol