• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sugaree

Any carpools starting in (or passing through) Charlotte?

This thread has got me thinking maybe I need to take a trip to Sugaree again!!! Super Jealous of all those who already got trips in the making.

OMG....I have a week's vacay this week, too!

Shuie....you wanna join forces? Fo' realz??:popcorn:

Shu could meet me in Atown tomorrow by 3, and we could scoop Jukie up on the way down tomorrow night :hfive: No joke

Good drying day yesterday. Today looking good as well.

The goal of "pristine condition during full leaf out" was derailed by rain and a blown over tree...wear long pants.

It was turn back the clock day as we drove up to the top and started at the original #1 with two of the nicest guys to ever step foot on the course, al and ray. It was an honor to host al's 100th course played ! Thanks guys, that was a blast to chuck plastic instead of running the weed whacker.

Last edited:
Thanks Rich! I can't say enough how much we appreciated your hospitality and the opportunity to play Sugaree with you! Thanks for all of your hard work getting the course ready to play. It was a round we'll remember for a long long time.

Thanks Rich! I can't say enough how much we appreciated your hospitality and the opportunity to play Sugaree with you! Thanks for all of your hard work getting the course ready to play. It was a round we'll remember for a long long time.

x1000. Today was an absolute pleasure, Rich, and a mind-blowing round. Can't say enough about your hospitality and your monster course! I think Alex put it best when he said that Sugaree is like a fantasy course, something you'd dream up if you were imagining a disc golf course with no limitations. Just unreal.

We hope to chuck plastic with you again sooner rather than later, whether your travels take you to us or ours to you!

PS: I need to mail you your purple Sindwinder!!!!

Shu could meet me in Atown tomorrow by 3, and we could scoop Jukie up on the way down tomorrow night :hfive: No joke

This was under very very serious consideration, but alas, it was not to be.

Thanks for making it available to play nontheless, Rich!

Brought a group of 3 up yesterday and played and got to talk to Rich a few times and got some free beers from Mushin No Shin, very cool. Weather was quite nice; overcast and relatively cool.

I'm very sad to have missed this opportunity. Very glad to hear that several people were able to take advantage of Rich's kindness (or insanity if we're talking about the course!).

Having a job and living seven hours away is pretty whack.
Finishing second to a guy who shoots "the best round ever" at Iron Hill is pretty whack too.
Now is that Fish or Fisherman ?

Rich is the man, I hate I haven't been up there in awhile. Rich needs to give me a job as Sugaree troll.

Mushin came through and played Sugaree like he owned it, with an even par and a near ace on 19.
It was the best first play round on the 25 hole layout that I've heard of, or seen other than when Zach Melton set the course record with a -6 a few years ago. Average first time play rounds are somewhere between +10 and +15.

It was a just a complete pleasure playing with Al,Ray and Dan and I was overwhelmed by their generosity. If you are a private course owner, these are guys you should welcome with open arms, even if your course is unlisted or closed.
I've got some bad news for Bro Dave, the "incessant tinkering" didn't stop when the course closed.