• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sugaree

What makes Sugaree extraordinarily special... the higher state of Disc Golf consciousness. You can get pretty Zen up there.

We did a TURN BACK THE CLOCK round and started on old #1-5. That was one inspired round. Everything just strung together... and I was pulling the right strings! Well besides my first shot, when Rich baited me into running the basket (you stinker, telling me to "be a man") :D

Then we took a break at the cooler, where we met Bill and his buddies :) They aren't scared of Sugaree, they were up there getting after it! Cheers

Then we went off to the next loop. Every time I stood on any holes Teepad, there was an immediate moment of awe, followed by thirty seconds of hysterical laughing! For so many holes to stack together with that much three dimensional golf is unbelievable. You NEED to hit you landing spot, and ONLY your landing spot. I've never been so compelled to throw "Pure" golf before. That was such an inspired round!

Then we made another cooler pit stop. I can't account for, or take any responsibility for, whatever happened after that :D

^Sounds awesome, Dan!

Wish I could've swung the trip with you; next time (wherever that might take us)! :hfive: :cool:

Glad to hear you made the most of the course and tore it up. :jealoussmiley:

^Sounds awesome, Dan!

Wish I could've swung the trip with you; next time (wherever that might take us)! :hfive: :cool:

Glad to hear you made the most of the course and tore it up. :jealoussmiley:

We'll be going next year :hfive:

Should do a Fall DGCR Meet-up?

Midwest vs Carolina Clash? Nah, those Charlotte guys are prolly too scared to play up there :popcorn:

The Charlotte guys might be skeered, but there are others in NC that will take you guys up on a Fall Sugaree challenge IF Mando will host it. I think I could put together a group to show the poor Midwesterners some Southern hospitality. There might evem be some fire and meat being cooked. Amd where there is grilled meat, there must be beer. :D

That was one inspired round. Everything just strung together... and I was pulling the right strings! Well besides my first shot, when Rich baited me into running the basket (you stinker, telling me to "be a man") :D

At one point I asked Rich for his advice on whether to run a gnarly gap or lay up and his response was, "Go for it! You only live once." That motto has gotten us into a lot of trouble out on the course since he prodded us with it! Every time Al and I have discussed a risk/reward shot the other has said, "It's like Rich said, you only live once...." Despite the hazards, though, it's fun being prompted to play fast and loose. :D

At one point I asked Rich for his advice on whether to run a gnarly gap or lay up and his response was, "Go for it! You only live once." That motto has gotten us into a lot of trouble out on the course since he prodded us with it! Every time Al and I have discussed a risk/reward shot the other has said, "It's like Rich said, you only live once...." Despite the hazards, though, it's fun being prompted to play fast and loose. :D
If the players have the right attitude, I will always suggest going for the memorable shot. It's a win/win...you either make the shot or you get to see parts of the property you wouldn't otherwise see. If the players are there just to beat the course or opponents,oblivious to the surroundings, I'm not going to get in their way by guiding them.
So, take it as a compliment, you guys have Wa.

The Charlotte guys might be skeered, but there are others in NC that will take you guys up on a Fall Sugaree challenge IF Mando will host it. I think I could put together a group to show the poor Midwesterners some Southern hospitality. There might evem be some fire and meat being cooked. Amd where there is grilled meat, there must be beer. :D

This sounds like a blast :thmbup: To be continued...

If the players have the right attitude, I will always suggest going for the memorable shot. It's a win/win...you either make the shot or you get to see parts of the property you wouldn't otherwise see.

Great stuff!

Wish I had seen this thread earlier. Been hoping to play this one for a while. Unfortunately, I was moving out of an apartment last week, so that took up all my time. I will definitely keep my DGCR radar tuned in for Sugaree updates. Hope everyone who got the chance to play enjoyed the heck out of the opportunity!

My schedule is pretty crowded this summer, but any woods golf enthusiasts coming through the area in july can send me a pm to check on the course status.

fare thee well

It seems only fitting to have sugaree open july 3,4 & 5. Please send pm if you plan to play.

I had a very pleasurable last round with olorin today. Course closed.

Latest posts