• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Summer in Oklahoma - Headband recommendations?

discerdoo

* Ace Member *
So I sweat in the summer....a lot. Have always just worn a ballcap that gets drenched. Incorporated a small towel under the hat yesterday and it helped.

Any headband, doo-rag recommendations out there?

I use for running in the winter when not that cold out a band I see people use in the summer, BondiBand. https://bondiband.com/ They also make nod just the headbands like I wear but they have now visors too. However when running in summer I wear a Visor that Nike makes for Tennis but is general sport enough, saw USA Beach Volleyball payers wearing them during last Olympics. Also have a Sports hat From Bay Six that has a bath/beach towel like martial for the inner liner thing for the hat.

I work outside in MO. The headbands I've tried all seem to hold the heat as well as the hold the sweat. After trying many commercial headbands I use an old fashioned cotton cowboy bandana. I fold it rather wide (Apache style as my sweetie says) to maximize the surface area.

I sweat like crazy too. I've had good luck with the aforementioned Halo headbands.

Lately though, I've been using a Buff (or knock offs) and fold it down into about a headband size. To me, it seems to hold a lot more sweat and manages it better than even a Halo. There's 3 packs on Amazon from a brand called Renegade I think for about 10 to 15 bucks and they work as good as the Buff branded ones that are 15 to 20 for a single one.

https://www.amazon.com/MULTIFUNCTIONAL-HEADWEAR-DESIGNS-Absorbs-Protection-Headband/dp/B017FXE60O/ref=mp_s_a_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1530125857&sr=8-10

Last edited:
I sweat like crazy too. I've had good luck with the aforementioned Halo headbands.

Lately though, I've been using a Buff (or knock offs) and fold it down into about a headband size. To me, it seems to hold a lot more sweat and manages it better than even a Halo. There's 3 packs on Amazon from a brand called Renegade I think for about 10 to 15 bucks and they work as good as the Buff branded ones that are 15 to 20 for a single one.

https://www.amazon.com/MULTIFUNCTIONAL-HEADWEAR-DESIGNS-Absorbs-Protection-Headband/dp/B017FXE60O/ref=mp_s_a_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1530125857&sr=8-10

I love my wool Buff (the synthetic ones are't as good). It's an essential part of my winter DG gear. The knotted double-fold keeps my head warmer than anything else I've found. Never thought of wearing it as a sweatband! I've only used the actual Buff brand, so nice to know the knock-offs are just as good, for when I need a new one. Thanks!

I love my wool Buff (the synthetic ones are't as good). It's an essential part of my winter DG gear. The knotted double-fold keeps my head warmer than anything else I've found. Never thought of wearing it as a sweatband! I've only used the actual Buff brand, so nice to know the knock-offs are just as good, for when I need a new one. Thanks!

Interesting. I've only ever used the lightweight synthetic ones, mostly as headbands. They worked awesome as a face shield last month when hiking Great Sand Dunes when it was windy as hell. Sometimes I'll soak them in ice water then wear it around my neck if it's crazy hot.

As someone who sweats a ton, I've never had much luck with any type of headband. My hats get soaked, thin bandanas get drenched quickly, and thicker ones just retain even more heat. If its toasty out, I just bring along a nice absorbent towel/rag (just dont mix it up with your disc towel)

Cotton Bandanas. They may get soaked, but at some point they dry as fast as I sweat. I only fold in half like a triangle though. thinner cloth allows for more evaporative cooling which is probably why it seems like I stop sweating at some point. Synthetic blends will exaggerate the evaporative cooling effect because they pull moisture to the outside. Wool is also better than cotton because moisture evaporates faster off of wool.

Latest posts