• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Summit

I used to drive with the Summit, but I've always found the Ridge to be the best all-around (including driving putter). I've had good luck with 166-168 Summits for putting duties, but I'd imagine that a heavier Summit would be a more no nonsense driving putter. I use quite a bit of hyzer-angle when driving with the Summit... kind of reminds of my earlier days when I used an eclipse Tangent for shorter shots.

The Summit is a pretty good option for approaching the basket, along with the VP. I'd recommend the Summit in tailwinds, and the VP in headwinds for approaches. That's a very consistent one-two punch, and it'll cover you whenever you don't want to use a mid-range to approach the basket.

The ridge seems nice but that rim depth would kill me.

It's not that bad. My friend who has notoriously small hands used one for a while. What got to him was the lack of glide. The Ridge/VP suffer for not having the same glide as the Judge or Summit at slower speeds, but that makes them good driving putters. The VP isn't as good a driving putter as the Ridge, because of the lack of glide, but it holds a really straight, predictable line under a range of conditions. The Ridge has nice glide when driven.

MiniEvilBunnyFace.jpg.html

How would a 150 gram summit fly? :\

Would it be fun, or no?

It would fly like a Summit.

Would it be fun ?
Maybe ?
As fun as two hookers and an eight ball of coke ? Probably not, but fun in a different way.

I hope these words of wisdom help.

It would fly like a Summit.

Would it be fun ?
Maybe ?
As fun as two hookers and an eight ball of coke ? Probably not, but fun in a different way.

I hope these words of wisdom help.
Well now I'm just, meh.
18h6jp9o66j5vjpg.jpg

If you like playing star Fox, probably.
Oh ****. What if it's powered down, thrown with hyzer or nose up. I just thought it might be fun. Liddish maybe?

The summit in general is fun to dick around with, but at that weight I think it would be good for short lid-type approaches and rollers, that's about it. I've bagged and kicked and rebagged summits 3-4 times over my short dg career. I like them, but that's pretty light for an already pretty understable disc. I don't really speak from experience, I've never thrown them that light. Maybe someone else can provide some better insight.

Last edited:
Update: still love summits. Found 2 in a store. Bought them. Threw them for the first time in years. They fly so straight at low/medium power. Love how they turn a corner in mid air and go for it without diving.

Might replace my beat kc aviars. They just seem to shape better. Probably not, but imma bag them anyway and throw them both.

Update: still love summits. Found 2 in a store. Bought them. Threw them for the first time in years. They fly so straight at low/medium power. Love how they turn a corner in mid air and go for it without diving.

Might replace my beat kc aviars. They just seem to shape better. Probably not, but imma bag them anyway and throw them both.

Nice necro bump. :thmbup:

And welcome back.

Latest posts