• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sunday October 3, 2010 - Roc vs Buzzz, Warren OH

SmoothSailor

* Ace Member *
The time is drawing near for the long awaited showdown between the Innova Roc and the Discraft Buzzz to see which disc emerges champion.

Sunday October 3, 2010 at Young's Run DGC in Warren OH, disc golfers from all over the Midwest and Northeast will come together and pit against each other on Team Roc or Team Buzzz.

Registration/Check-In and Player Pack pick up be from 9:00am-10:00am. The players meeting will be from 10:00-10:15 and Tee Off will be at 10:30.

There will be two rounds of golf played with an hour lunch (provided by Station Square Ristorante) for all players. During lunch the CTP will also be taking place for 2/1.00 throws. The second round will begin an hour after the last card has been turned in. There may or may not be a shuffle depending on volunteers and time.

After the second round is over, while scores are being tallied, the Long Drive competition will take place. Each player who plays in the tournament will get 1 throw in the Long Drive competition and each additional throw will be 3/2.00.

There will be 4 divisions - Open, Advanced, Intermediate and Recreational. The Open division depends on at least 4 players signing up for it otherwise Advanced is as high as it goes. Each division will have a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.

All awards for the tournament - Divisional, CTP and Long Drive - will be given out at the end of the tournament.

For additional information and to preregister, please visit www.rocvsbuzzz.com

rocflyerbuzz.png

Less than a week! This is going be awesome! Buzzz arrive on Wed/Thur and the shirts arrive Thur/Fri. I can't wait to see it all in one spot!

I was gonna head out but don't wanna drive and pay for 80/90 tolls if it might get rained out. Good idea and hope it works out, tho! Go team roc.

if anyone who is planning on going ends up not coming out you can still pick up the discs/shirts from me here. once the tournament is over and i know what isn't going out with players i'll post here.

Josh,
Thanks for hosting a great tournament. Everything was first class. You did a great job. I had a blast.

Totals:

Team Roc - 8 players
Team Buzzz - 14 players

Averages
Team Roc - 102
Team Buzzz - 106

Winner - TEAM ROC

I will be posting pictures between tonight and tomorrow. There is Team Roc and Team Buzzz gear available - PM me with inquiries.

Josh,
Thanks for hosting a great tournament. Everything was first class. You did a great job. I had a blast.

Jeff, thanks for coming out today! Congrats on the Long Drive and Placing your division!

Today was great. It started off pretty cold when the first players arrived early this morning around 8am. The skies were looking gloomy and the ground was wet from last night's rain. As people started filing in to register, pick up their player pack and raffle tickets and play a warm up round or take a walk through reports of weather started circling for rain at noon to rain a 2pm. An announcement was made at the players meeting to be prepared for rain, but as the first round progressed, the storm started moving away from us, the skies didn't clear up for any sun, but they did stay in the upper 50s today with no rain.

22 competitors signed up today,
Team Roc - 8 players
Team Buzzz - 14 players

There was a CTP held at lunch with a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prize provided by Shoot The Breeze Disc Golf Club in Ashtabula, Friends of Punderson Disc Golf Club in Punderson and Innova. Pizza Joes provided lunch for everyone.

After the second round, the long drive was held with a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prize from Westside Discs out of Switzerland. There was also an Ace Pot for the tournament and since no one hit an ace, everyone who put in shot from the CTP hole. The winner of this threw a tomahawk and it went in the basket, but popped back out from not grabbing enough chains.

Averages for each team...
Team Roc - 102
Team Buzzz - 106

Winner - TEAM ROC

Wish I woulda made it out.... good job on getting it together :thmbup:

Latest posts