• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Superfluous molds?

apdrvya

Marketplace Guru
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
are any molds completely unnecessary? I keep thinking I never hear of anyone throwing FL's and Max's from Innova... what are some other completely unnecesary molds?
and, yes, I know polecat and groove are worthless, but I think both have niche markets...

My 7th grade English teacher drilled that word into my head.
Superfluous: needless or unnecessary.

I'll go out on a limb, and say X-Nuke. Even tho it's one of my favorite molds, who needs it in X?

I throw the $hit out of an FL and a max

I have an FL, but it was my one of my first discs, so I don't throw it

If the groove and polecat have niche markets what makes you think every mold doesn't? People throw different things and like different molds. Yes, there are your eagles and teebirds that are in almost every bag on the course, but that doesn't make other molds superfluous.

My 7th grade English teacher drilled that word into my head.
Superfluous: needless or unnecessary.

I'll go out on a limb, and say X-Nuke. Even tho it's one of my favorite molds, who needs it in X?

I just ended up getting a Nuke X for one reason, Super Anny. I have a course that has 3 holes that are 350-450 and are solid anny lines. I can't throw forehand so this has actually given me the line. The Nuke X doesn't turn and burn and since it's nice and understable won't flex back. However I only throw it in the bag if I'm playing that course.

As for unnecessary disc, I would the X Xpress, so ridiculously understable only can be used as a roller and not a very good one at that.

DX Orc. You get all of 3-4 throws out of them, then they turn into flippy garbage. Why even bother releasing it in this plastic?

are any molds completely unnecessary? I keep thinking I never hear of anyone throwing FL's and Max's from Innova... what are some other completely unnecesary molds?
and, yes, I know polecat and groove are worthless, but I think both have niche markets...

unnecessary? every disc is necessary... i am quite sure there is someone out there who plays very well and successfully with every disc out there.

having said that, i believe that capitalism answers your question..... discs that dont get used (bought) get discontinued.

Do that many people buy the groove, enough as to keep it in production? or is innova hesitant to mothball any disc?

Ironically, some of the lesser known discs are the exact ones that i see a lot of guys rock with great success- FL, SL, Max, etc.

I second the Brick. Worthless piece of s***.

I loved my FL...till I got a teebird, eagle, TL, leopard, striker

Last edited:
agreed.
champ orc= money!

Ahh the champ orc. It was my first disc (lost it at hudson mills) and I still have a red 171 champ. I keep saying I'm going to sell it or get rid of it but I still have the damned thing....I think I keep telling myself I will learn how to throw it or how great of a flip disc it would be...then I throw my Valk and Avg SS and forget all about it again.

^^^I have so many different Orcs right now its ridiculous, and I can't seem to not accept a trade for them. I have over 10 different Orcs just sitting and two more in the bag. They say you can never have too much of a good thing, but maybe you can.

Latest posts