• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vs.] Suspect vs. Harp

onemilemore

* Ace Member *
So I recently purchased a Verdict, and I feel like it is going to make the bag. This has put the Suspect - which up to this point was my OS mid - in jeopardy.

I am debating keeping the Suspect for that tweener spot, though, where a Verdict would be too long and my Envy might be too short or not fade enough. The trouble with that, though, is that I feel the Suspect can almost be too long before the fade kicks in sometimes.

So, I am looking at the Harp as a possible OS tweener to get me from the Envy to the Verdict. Would this be a good solution, or should I just keep the Suspect? How is the Harp lengthwise?

And for those who are likely going to tell me to get a Zone: maybe. I have thrown them before and they tend to be too beefy for what I want, but maybe I can find something lighter that might satisfy the bill. We'll see.

So anyway: Suspect, or Harp? Thanks in advance.

I prefer the Suspect. But I don't see it getting much use in a bag with a Verdict and Envy in it honestly. Maybe try your bag as is for a few rounds and see if you even need that slot?

I prefer the Suspect. But I don't see it getting much use in a bag with a Verdict and Envy in it honestly. Maybe try your bag as is for a few rounds and see if you even need that slot?

Well that's just too logical and won't feed my addiction. ;)

But yes, that is a very good thought.

FWIW, I carry a Zone, a beat first run Lucid Suspect, and an Am stamped Verdict. For me each holds a niche unique enough to warrant carrying all three. Zone for the shorter shots to about 220-230, my Suspect from 220 to 260ish, and the verdict 260-300. With the Suspect, if I back off the power it gets more overstable, but is controlable. If I really snap it, I can get it dead straight with a little left fade at the end. I have not tried a Harp, but I am interested to see what others have to say.

Well that's just too logical and won't feed my addiction. ;)

But yes, that is a very good thought.

Haha, trust me, I get the plastic addiction thing. So, let's go with the opposite of my last suggestion: Buy a harp or two, stick them in the bag along with your suspects, throw both on shots you'd use them for, and also use them for some shots you would use an envy or verdict for.

I'd say keep the Suspects in the bag and ditch the Envy. The Envy isn't going to do anything that the combo of the Judge and Suspect can't do, and the Harp isn't going to do anything that the Verdict and Suspect can't do. You'll get all of the beefy goodness you need out of the latter two.

That said, I'm definitely digging the Harp. :thmbup:

I'd say keep the Suspects in the bag and ditch the Envy. The Envy isn't going to do anything that the combo of the Judge and Suspect can't do, and the Harp isn't going to do anything that the Verdict and Suspect can't do. You'll get all of the beefy goodness you need out of the latter two.

That said, I'm definitely digging the Harp. :thmbup:

I've thought about doing that, but I drive the Envy a lot better than I drive the Judge. I'm gonna end up with way too many putter molds.

Envy is the ****. Suspect is decent. The Harp is very nice, but needs a premium plastic for the woods a d drives. I like the Envy and Harp combo. Envy is more controllable and straighter, but still has good HSS. The Harp is is more OS than the Suspect. So if you have room for two discs go Envy and Harp. If you want to compromise go Suspect.

How is the Harp on distance? Will I get that Zone/Suspect tweener length, or is it truly just a super OS putter?

FWIW I bagged a Lucid Suspect and BT Soft Harp before and found uses for both in round a lot. I would use my Harp on shots that I worried about a roll away and needed something to stick and obviously my Suspect for shots where I wasn't to worried about it sticking close to where it landed. IMO having both in a bag is useful.

How is the Harp on distance? Will I get that Zone/Suspect tweener length, or is it truly just a super OS putter?
I'd say it's more of a driving putter so it is shorter than Suspect.

The thing with Harp is that first of all it is very OS, but more importantly (at least in BT) it has close to zero glide. As a result, it is very easy to predict even in windy weathers, which is something I couldn't say about my Fusion Suspect that bounced up and down like crazy.

It's a tweeter. Much more speed than a Rhyno or other OS putter. I adore the Harp for flick 250 and in and headwind putting. The only issue is the plastic, the BT Soft looks rough after a few rounds. It keeps most of the stability but scuffs easily.

Thanks for all of the feedback. Um... let me throw his tonight every time he was parked and I was approaching, so I got to throw it a lot. Definitely glad I ordered one earlier today, because it performed quite reliably. Looking forward to tossing it in the bag.