• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Talking bout stalking (stalkers post here)

-1, 2, 3 @ range 4. Basically the same #'s as the Gazelle, however it still doesn't fly that much like a Gazelle as far as the shape of its line goes.

discspeed said:
-1, 2, 3 @ range 4. Basically the same #'s as the Gazelle, however it still doesn't fly that much like a Gazelle as far as the shape of its line goes.

Much more of the buzz dead straight with fade at the end of the flight?

Gazelle is my main driver with a distance of about 250' and maxing out at 275'. So right in the range 3 power. Looks like I need to work on my distance a bit more before stepping up and trying out the Stalker.

josser said:
Where would people put the Stalker on Blake's Universal Flight Chart?

When I disc first hit the street I asked the same question and got this response

The Stalker will be added with the next update.

The current ratings for the Stalker are as follows:
Range: 4
HSS: -0.5
LSS: +2
Pwr: 3 or 4 (I can't recall offhand which it is)

josser said:
discspeed said:

Gazelle is my main driver with a distance of about 250' and maxing out at 275'. So right in the range 3 power. Looks like I need to work on my distance a bit more before stepping up and trying out the Stalker.

Range and power are two different categories on the chart. I would agree that the Stalker takes a little more power, but I don't think its a whole step up.

Risk said:
josser said:
Where would people put the Stalker on Blake's Universal Flight Chart?

When I disc first hit the street I asked the same question and got this response

The Stalker will be added with the next update.

The current ratings for the Stalker are as follows:
Range: 4
HSS: -0.5
LSS: +2
Pwr: 3 or 4 (I can't recall offhand which it is)

I pretty much agree. It starts as a -.5 hss, but it seems to break in pretty quickly to -1 and stay there, so to me this is its true hss.

discspeed said:
josser said:
discspeed said:

Range and power are two different categories on the chart. I would agree that the Stalker takes a little more power, but I don't think its a whole step up.

Oh yeah. I got those two confused. Sounds like it worth trying out. Plus who doesn't want an excuse to buy more plastic instead of getting good at throwing the plastic you already own?

The more I use the Stalker the more I want to use the Stalker. I love to huck it hard and low and the watch it go. Sometimes I just stand there, looking at the purty disc go. I'm like, "Wow, did I throw THAT?".

Just need more experience with it in the winds. Do you guys throw it with a little hyzer if there is a direct headwind? I'm still working on windy day play.

Eric said:
Do you guys throw it with a little hyzer if there is a direct headwind? I'm still working on windy day play.

Yeah, nose down with a little hyzer. Too much wind and I'm going with my EX.

been giving these another audition and really liking em, i carry a 170 blue FR and a 175 orange FR, between those i haven't been needing another FW driver in the bag (other than XXX) if its really too windy for the Stalker ive been discing up to my domey starfires

discspeed said:
Eric said:
Do you guys throw it with a little hyzer if there is a direct headwind? I'm still working on windy day play.

Yeah, nose down with a little hyzer. Too much wind and I'm going with my EX.

I should get an EX. I had trouble with the Stalker last week in strong gusty winds. It was hard for me to get that consistent, penetrating straight flight I'm used to; it seemed like a gust would send it off track and it would of course never come back once it veers away from its intended direction. Of course, I should say this was probably the worst wind conditions I've ever played in (burst gusts up to 50 mph, erratic in direction, not systematic with altitude, hat stealing weather; a complete bitch of a wind)...nevertheless I was interested in seeing how all my bag flew in this conditions. I found myself sticking to my domey 171 Star Wraith, since it holds up well into headwind bursts...Buzzz had similar issues as the Stalker, so I stuck to the Classic Roc on mid-shots and putts...

Heh, try the new run of Strikers for windy days... I promise you they won't flip :lol:

Thinking about picking up one of the new Z Glow Stalkers. If I am already trying to beat my DX TeeBird into becoming my straight fairway driver would it be redundant and a waste of $$$ to purchase one. Is it redundant to have both in the bag? I know the Stalker is a straighter disc, but eventually the TeeBirds will break in.

dgdave said:
The Teebird will be much longer.

Well I trust your judgment above others since you have thrown every disc imaginable so I'll stick with the TeeBirds.

I'm very familiar with both the flat-top Striker and all kinds of Teebirds. Striker has a higher power/effort requirement than the Teebird to get it up to cruise speed, and for the same distance. But that's not a bad thing about the Striker, necessarily, since as discspeed notes you might not want to disc to take off on you. Sometimes its also nice to know you can put a ton of muscle into a throw and know it isn't going to go really far.

Finally picked one up yesterday and went out to the field this morning to try it. It was a little bit windy, just a bit over calm.

Note: I normally throw Cyclones and Buzzz's.

I liked the disc from the first few throws. It feels nice in my hand. The slightly blunter edge (than a Cyclone) feels pretty nice. And my concern that it felt more like an XL was a bit off (since I can't throw an XL FH very well). This disc can do a lot of shots, but flies quite a bit like a Buzzz. It has that same straight flight with very little fade under normal power. And it can glide. Far. It seems to handle lower flight height than the Cyclone too. I seemed to notice that with less power it fades off a bit harder than the Buzzz.

I'm not sure if I like it better than the Cyclone yet or not, since it pretty much just goes straight like the Buzzz, but it's a good disc. Easy to throw and pretty forgiving. And it seems to handle light wind a little bit better than the Cyclone, which is something I've been looking for without getting a disc that fades hard with the same amount of power.

I think this would be a good disc for minimal disc rounds and would probably even drop my Buzzz for those rounds. Wizard, Stalker, Predator would give quite a lot of options with few discs I think.

Latest posts