• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Talking bout stalking (stalkers post here)

discspeed said:
jamon said:
discspeed said:
I hit my first Stalker ace last night with my pink 175. It was a high spike hyzer on a 263' hole. It was cool because the two guys I happened to be playing with had never seen an ace. I think they were more excited than I was. 8)

Nice hit!! one question tho... what were you doing hyzer spiking a stalker from 263' out!? :shock:

I posted a picture from the teepad on the Aces thread. The best shot for this hole is to throw a spike shot over the trees and out over the road and let it come back in to the basket. Despite the short distance, most people will throw a driver because its a pretty high and outside shot. I usually use a XXX, but I have to throw it pretty hard and somewhat low/close to the trees. On this day the wind was a tail LtR cross and it seemed like it would be an easy shot with the Stalker, especially with the wind pushing it down at the end of the shot. It worked. :wink: I wouldn't just walk up to a 263' hole out in a field and throw a spike hyzer with my Stalker.

I was just doggin ya :) I figured there was a logical explanation... or an irresistible lust for the stalker like i have!

I've gotten pretty dam close, but still no stalker aces for me :(

I have a problem with the z plastic slipping out early sometimes.My z buzz has lettering inside the rim which I use for griping.(I call it cheating.)But my stalker doesn't have the lettering so it slips more often.( I know grip it like a mofo but it does not slip with esp,x,or flex)It is just so slippery.I have been avoiding z plastic but i like the stalker.
Anybody else have this problem with the Z?

discraft said:
I have a problem with the z plastic slipping out early sometimes.My z buzz has lettering inside the rim which I use for griping.(I call it cheating.)But my stalker doesn't have the lettering so it slips more often.( I know grip it like a mofo but it does not slip with esp,x,or flex)It is just so slippery.I have been avoiding z plastic but i like the stalker.
probly your grip if the disc isnt wet

discraft said:

That's funny...I can't stand the inner lettering and I always avoid it. Anyway, I don't think a high percentage of the friction between your hand and the disc exists in the inner rim. Usually that's only going to be where your rip point is, and most the grip is coming from the part of the disc resting under the base of your thumb. I too think it probably has something to do with your grip. In dry weather above about 45 degrees I don't really notice any grip differences between non-dx type plastics. BTW, I've got a 171 Glo Stalker with a dye job that made in SUPER grippy on the top of the disc. You may want to check that option out. I couldn't imagine not throwing drivers in the most durable plastics...

I threw a Stalker on my home course for the first time in our Ice Bowl last weekend. I had only previously thrown it lefty during my injury with a broken throwing hand, and I wasn't really impressed at that point. But I really liked how str8 the thing went for me last week when I threw it "for real". It might be able to enter my bag. At least I think I will give it some test runs. But just because I seem to like the feel of ESP, I just got an x-out ESP Stalker from the Bay. It doesn't have the PDGA stamp on it like the ones you get for joining up, but it has the rest of the stamp. The only thing that made it x-out was that the stamp was repeated 3 times, but in perfect thirds on the disc. So I will either leave it as is or take acetone to two of the stamps, and it would look like the PDGA one minus the PDGA logo. Only thing I don't like about it is it's black, which I love for putters, but don't like for drivers. I'll just have to be careful where to throw it.

Iv been playing quite a bit with an orange 174 FR stalker and its starting to turn a little bit at HS and its losing some LS fade so i picked up some yellow 176 FR stalkers.....and dam! the new ones have way more HSS and LSS, much more than i remember the new orange 174 FR having.

Anybody else run in to this? Its a nice compliment to my seasoned one but it seems so stable for a stalker.

I saw that Big Jerm has some Cryztal Stalkers for sale this weekend to help support him on tour...how do those fly compared to Zs and Glows? The few people that I have managed to turn on to the stalker - even though I have never thrown one myself - are trying to get me to throw them instead of my strikers!

victorb said:
I saw that Big Jerm has some Cryztal Stalkers for sale this weekend to help support him on tour...how do those fly compared to Zs and Glows? The few people that I have managed to turn on to the stalker - even though I have never thrown one myself - are trying to get me to throw them instead of my strikers!

This morning I noticed some of those CryZtal Stalkers on Disc Golf Fly Mart as well, as a fundraiser for the worlds. They look sexy but I wondered how the flight compares. I have a Z Stalker and an ESP Stalker. I haven't quite got those two discs down yet, but they have alot of potential for me.

We got Cryztal Z Stalkers in our players pack this weekend at BYOP Doubles Championship. I haven't thrown mine yet, but it feels really nice. The people who were throwing them seemed impressed by how much glide they were getting. This would sort of jive with my feeling on most CZ discs. The real test would be into a headwind or with a bit of power. I may have to wait to try it out, but I might not be able to.

The stalker is wide, but so are my hands. Feels good, flies straight if I don't try to throw it past 325'. Really just an easy, comfortable, Sunday afternoon driver.

The wide diameter of the stalker feels really nice in my hands too. This thing (173 glow stalker) has been a birdie machine for me in the 300-330' range where my most seasoned p-pd still has a little too much fade (the p-pd is only a few months old and I didn't get to play much this winter).

One thing about this disc, it's really forcing me to work on throwing flat. I haven't been able to really hyzer flip any stalkers and I can pump them out to 340' or so maybe more (I've also only had this disc for a few months and only 3-4 rounds). If I do release with hyzer, it better be a very shallow one or it just wants to hold the angle for me (which I like). It also has a nice forward bounce for me in the 300-330' range (the skip is maybe 20' long and 5' of fade).

I've yet to try and roll it but I am excited for that time to come. I do have a 175 first run now so I may try and get my glow stalker trashed for flippier stuffs.

Picked up a Glo Z the other day on a whim. I just couldn't resist when I saw them on the rack at the store. I've had it in my bag for a few rounds throwing it either alongside or in place of star Eagles.

Very nice disc, super controllable. Point and shoot. Pinned a few holes right out of the gate with this thing that are in the ideal range for throwing a fairway driver. If it replaces my Eagles that would be crazy, but so far I love throwing it and it loves me back. Plus the plastic is money. Feels great and held up well to some accidental concrete skipping.

Right now with the disc brand new, it still has a considerable amount of reliable low speed fade. I'm curious to see how much it will want to straighten out as it wears.

One note on the plastic: the Glo Z Buzzz in identical plastic glows at least twice as bright in the dark as the Stalker. I'm guessing this is a result of a much thicker flight plate.

so far http://www.discgolfflymart.com/2010-pro-worlds-cryztal-z-stalker-new-pick-c2010.html
http://cgi.ebay.com/DISCRAFT-CRYZTAL-Z-STALKER-DISC-GOLF-DRIVER--~LSDiscs~_W0QQitemZ110504872248QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20100312?IMSfp=TL100312161003r1220

Here's a pic of Nate Doss driving hole 6 at Shady Oaks, Orangevale, CA. (This was the 2010 St Patrick's Classic.) It is a Z Stalker. He parked it.

DSC_0103.jpg

finally got my hands on 2 esp worlds stalkers. White and yellow, both flat and super stiff. I threw one and these are easily longer than my glows and other z. I love em!. Sorta flat because of the stamp but they're still sweet

I'm really digging my Glow Z Stalker for forehands. I'm still working on my forehands and have plenty of OAT, and the stalkers are very forgiving, which isn't good for the practice field, but is very welcome on the course.

Latest posts