• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vs.] Tee bird vs. TL

Tee bird vs. TL

• Tee bird

Votes: 102 67.1%
  • TL

Votes: 50 32.9%

• Total voters
teebird is more reliable in the wind and can handle more power, backhand and forehand.

This ^^^ In theory the TL might be farther but the Teebird bombs because you can put so much power into it. I throw PD's and TD's, but if I didn't, I would be throwing Teebirds and TL's both along with a Banshee. I look at the Teebird as a long workhorse driver and the TL more as a specialty disc to be beat into an anny disc.

The type of plastic you use makes a huge difference here. As a dx Teebird breaks it in starts to overlap quite a bit with a star TL. If you don't mind carrying a few discs multiple dx Teebirds in different stages of wear is pretty awesome. I typically carry a small bag and just use a star Teebird and a star TL, but a small handful of dx Teebirds is by far the better choice if you have the space.

This ^^^ In theory the TL might be farther but the Teebird bombs because you can put so much power into it

I throw my Champ TLs out to 400' in rounds on pretty much straight up fade shots.... I'd say they can handle power just as well as a Tbird.

I throw my Champ TLs out to 400' in rounds on pretty much straight up fade shots.... I'd say they can handle power just as well as a Tbird.

I'm not arguing that someone with good form can't bomb a TL but there's a reason people still use the bird in long drive competitions. I can put a lot more power in the Teebird without it flipping than the TL. Just my experience

I voted Star TL because I have two of them. Just picked up a stack of beat up discs to take to a very watery course (Trojan Park in Rainier, OR... Check it out), and one of them is a Tee Bird. I haven't thrown it yet though, so my vote has to stay with the TL for now. Right now I'm heading out to throw the Bird and see what happens though... Maybe my vote will change in 15 minutes.

Teebird for the fade. My TL's got bumped out of the bag by the River and those sweet long Scandinavian mids.

This. If Latitude/Westside could replicate the Teebird, I would go all Scandinavian after than your could say...well, Scandinavian!

Also, Sagecoast, I am moving down your way in a few weeks. Maybe I'll hit you up for a round!

I throw my tl's for tunnel shots. Generally not much wind to fight through these tunnels. I use them for the 300-350 range and they are able to hold a perfect straight line the whole way

Which do you prefer? I've never thrown a tee bird but because of its popularity I'm thinking of picking one up. I've been throwing the TL since it first came out and it's one of my go to discs for sure. My main question is: if the TL is a longer, straighter tee bird, why would you rather throw the bird?

wind, other then that I have no idea. To me a Tbird is like a less aggressive firebird.

I prefer to have as little fade as possible.

I have a newer pink star 172 teebird, and I keep thinking that its going to take forever to get it seasoned.
My local shop has had a pink star 171 TL for a little while
Well yesterday I finally bought it, instead of just thinking it would be the perfect match to my bird.
We shall see, threw it a few times yesterday, and I plan on a few more today.
pretty stable, disc so far.
I could probably just leave the Teebird home for a while, until I get this TL warmed up a little.

Wind is the reason why you would pick teebird.
My star TL kicked out my teebird anyways. I'm more of a finesse player and the TL suites me better. Plus it has much more glide than the teebird. And finishes softer at all speeds.

I still love both discs, you can't go wrong either way. I have other wind discs, so I can afford to use the TL in calmer conditions, as it does more for me than a teebird in calm conditions.

The teebird basically beats into a tl. I like the good straight flight with the nice fade at the end. I carry 4 in the bag.

The two tend to be very similar in my experience. the TL is criminally underrated IMO, it is actually closer to what I think most people want in a teebird. That is to say not much like a nice overstable champ eagle, Brinster/AJ teebird, or some of the older 11x/kc pro teebirds that are too overstable to turn. The newer teebirds often fly just as TLs so take your pick. My 174 stiff, flat pinnacle rival is money for long shots of all varieties so that is my pick.

I use both. Carry 3 birds and two TLs. Metal flake cfr bird two stars. Champ TL and star TL.Both great discs. If i had to use just one of the two molds it would be the Teebird tho so i voted for it.

Latest posts