• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Tee Boxx Vending Machine

Bmess181

Hello out there. Does anyone know if the Tee Boxx vending machine company is still in business? And if so is there any contact info out there. Seems like they're online presence mysteriously stopped around 2016. website not working--- thanks

Hello out there. Does anyone know if the Tee Boxx vending machine company is still in business? And if so is there any contact info out there. Seems like they're online presence mysteriously stopped around 2016. website not working--- thanks

Yeah when I was getting back into the sport in late 2015 early 2016 the company was folding due to the fact you can't own the machines. You need to own them or the rental fee in most cases will eat up the profit in slow months.

The company still exists. Many machines still exist in a warehouse. Said machines are just collecting dust. Most players in the game are pretty apathetic about the company at this point "well somebody should do something and make something happen" "uh, no that somebody is not me... somebody else that has more initiative you know.."

Depending on what you're interested in, I could get you in touch with specific players in the game...

I would be super interested in buying one or maybe multiple. If you could get me any contact information that would be amazing

Last edited:
Is this a disc vending machine? If so, how does it work?

You put in money and receive a disc. :|

Gathered that, I meant more mechanically. Like can you see the discs, is it on a coil system, or something else, pay with cash or CC that sort of thing.

Gathered that, I meant more mechanically. Like can you see the discs, is it on a coil system, or something else, pay with cash or CC that sort of thing.
Here's the PDGA article on it: https://www.pdga.com/think-outside-boxx

teeboxx-story-cover.jpg

tbshufflepublic.jpg

Yeah when I was getting back into the sport in late 2015 early 2016 the company was folding due to the fact you can't own the machines. You need to own them or the rental fee in most cases will eat up the profit in slow months.

Casey this is one of the clearest things you've ever posted here. Your sentences are relatively short and understandable. I don't even care if what you posted is true or not, you should make it read like this more often.

Only time I ever saw one was at the USDGC about 10 years ago.

We had one of these on a course here in Knoxville, TN. From what I remember, it was taking players' money and not dispensing a disc. Some people got frustrated one day and smashed out the glass. They took all of the inventory that was left in there. The empty machine sat there for a while before it was moved.

Another issue is that the frisbees weren't in any sort of order, meaning you couldn't select the one you wanted. For instance, you would pay for a 150g DX archangel if you wanted the Z Buzzz that was behind it. Maybe other places had better experiences with it, but it did not go over well here.

We had one of these on a course here in Knoxville, TN. From what I remember, it was taking players' money and not dispensing a disc. Some people got frustrated one day and smashed out the glass. They took all of the inventory that was left in there. The empty machine sat there for a while before it was moved.

Another issue is that the frisbees weren't in any sort of order, meaning you couldn't select the one you wanted. For instance, you would pay for a 150g DX archangel if you wanted the Z Buzzz that was behind it. Maybe other places had better experiences with it, but it did not go over well here.

The design shown above suggested that you could 'scroll' through the discs to select the one you wanted.

Without any sort of sorting option this does seem extremely limited in its usefulness.

A type of jukebox was invented around 1880 and one closer to what I know of as a jukebox was produced in the 1920s. Seems that the technology should have been available to make the disc vending machine more user friendly.

Sadly, the whole idea wreaks of "vandalism waiting to happen" to me.

The design shown above suggested that you could 'scroll' through the discs to select the one you wanted.

I was speaking specifically about the one that we had. It did not have that function when it was placed several years ago. Otherwise, people wouldn't have disliked it so much.

These are a very good idea SPECIFICALLY for places where there is staff present, and they're locked away when staff aren't present. Especially if there's a "shuffle" function as the one user said. But overall the items stored have enough resale value on eBay and such that you can't just put it out in the open 24/7 and not expect them to get broken into. In my region: these feel like a great idea for the lobby area at Hudson Mills' guest center. Indoor, doors lock when staff leaves, etc.

These are a very good idea SPECIFICALLY for places where there is staff present, and they're locked away when staff aren't present. Especially if there's a "shuffle" function as the one user said. But overall the items stored have enough resale value on eBay and such that you can't just put it out in the open 24/7 and not expect them to get broken into. In my region: these feel like a great idea for the lobby area at Hudson Mills' guest center. Indoor, doors lock when staff leaves, etc.

That kind of seems like putting vending machines in the candy bar aisle at the grocery store.

They would need to be placed a function similar to Redbox. Public enough to minimize vandalism. Functional enough to be able to choose your disc exactly. And they have to work.