• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Teebird plus

Uncommon, not unique. Just ask Tom Kim (pro masters superstar whose bag is extremely similar to mine but for supersoft SE Piranhas instead of Vibram putters).

I love the teebird plus! Now I dont have to search around looking for a good teebird. Also, I don't have to worry about any overlap from my TL anymore.

The issue with the Teebird+'s is a overwhelming lack of consistency in terms of flight and glide between discs, even within the same batch (what a surprise from Innova). Certain T+'s fly as a Champ Teebird should, and others (namely mine) have a flight pattern completely different from any Teebird I've ever thrown. From the first run that was sold on DGV, the blue T+'s flew as advertised, while the yellow ones were more stable and had less glide (my 175g Pig glides farther.... not kidding) than a Champ Banshee. Many of my friends that can throw extremely far tried my T+, and couldn't believe that Innova was actually calling this disc a "Teebird". I personally like slanted rim discs (Lat64), so modification is not a turn off for me. Rather the crap-tastic flight pattern of what I begrudgingly refer to as the "Firepig" is what stokes my hatred.

I'm starting to like slanted rims for FH, seems to come out cleaner for me.

Wow, all this negative press means I won't try one. Thanks for the collection of experience.

If I am picturing a "+" disc right, the contact area where the fingers rest on the rim would be reduced allowing for perhaps a more unpredictable throw or less control. I will stick with my TL anyday.

Gosh darn it, a more overstable teebird is EXACTLY what I want in my bag right now- why can't they just be consistent! I don't want to waste 14 bucks on one if I'm going to end up with another teebird (not that i'd be dissapointed, but I'd rather pick out a sweet teebird instead).

Gosh darn it, a more overstable teebird is EXACTLY what I want in my bag right now- why can't they just be consistent! I don't want to waste 14 bucks on one if I'm going to end up with another teebird (not that i'd be dissapointed, but I'd rather pick out a sweet teebird instead).

A more overstable Teebird would be a great idea. But the problem with the T+s that are overstable is that they also inherently have any glide. If I could have an overstable TB that also had the glide of a normal TB, I'd definitely own a couple.

Oh wait, the disc I'm referring to is an 11x Champ TB....

So I was at a local tournament this weekend and they were selling the Teebird + as a glow plastic fundraiser disc for some tournament called the "Beast Invitational" down in Florida. I picked one up and held it, and the difference in the rim was barely noticeable visually and no problem at all in the "feel" of the grip. So I went back on my decision not to buy one, and proceeded to throw it in a big open field a few throws. I've only throw it for about 3 or 4 throws, and it definitely is more overstable than my previous "regular" Champion Teebird. I don't get the impression that it has no glide any more than I get the impression that other overstable drivers, like the Firebird, have less glide that understable discs. But really I wouldn't expect a disc designed for overstability to have as much glide as one designed for understability. And I kind of like the idea of having a stable of teebirds in my bag: T+, T, and TL. Because to me they all grip pretty much the same way, plastic notwithstanding.

To make a long story short, my first impression is that my 175g glow Teebird + flies sort of like a Firebird, yes with less glide than a normal Teebird, but not offensively less. I don't believe I'll regret the purchase, but it probably won't become my favorite disc.

So I was at a local tournament this weekend and they were selling the Teebird + as a glow plastic fundraiser disc for some tournament called the "Beast Invitational" down in Florida. I picked one up and held it, and the difference in the rim was barely noticeable visually and no problem at all in the "feel" of the grip. So I went back on my decision not to buy one, and proceeded to throw it in a big open field a few throws. I've only throw it for about 3 or 4 throws, and it definitely is more overstable than my previous "regular" Champion Teebird. I don't get the impression that it has no glide any more than I get the impression that other overstable drivers, like the Firebird, have less glide that understable discs. But really I wouldn't expect a disc designed for overstability to have as much glide as one designed for understability. And I kind of like the idea of having a stable of teebirds in my bag: T+, T, and TL. Because to me they all grip pretty much the same way, plastic notwithstanding.

To make a long story short, my first impression is that my 175g glow Teebird + flies sort of like a Firebird, yes with less glide than a normal Teebird, but not offensively less. I don't believe I'll regret the purchase, but it probably won't become my favorite disc.

When I stated that my TB+ (and pretty much all of the DGV dayglow yellow CFR first runs) has no glide and is stupidly overstable, I was referring to a specific color and run of the disc to which pretty much all owners agree with these points. And I also had said that overall, the TB+s are phenomenally inconsistent regarding flight characteristics, that a blind Thai hooker with no hands that wears a leaking colostomy bag, who's contents are leaking into the plastic blend could have probably done a better job molding these discs more similar to each other.

This proves my point that TB+s are all totally different. If you threw mine, I guarantee you'd see that this disc has absolutely zero glide. As you stated, overstable discs such as the Firebird and Banshee are expected to have less glide, but this one trumps them all.

You hate your Teebird+, which I can accept, but why do you have to go and pick on incontinent blind Thai amputee hookers? I'm sure if they could get a job at the Nike factory, they would. :popcorn:

I'm not sure that this talk of unfortunate Asian hookers would lead me to go get some popcorn.
I know that's not really related to Teebird +'s, but oh well.

Man I am going to pay $40 dollars to get one of those coveted 11x flat stable teebirds, Hey I got a teebird plus and this thing is flat and stable, I can't stand it. It is too frigging stable, I am gonna sell it. Man I hope I can find one of those nice stable 11x teebirds though. I can't believe how stable this teebird plus is.

Why can't innova just make a flat, domey, stable, pearly, understable, gummy, stiff teebird?

Man I am going to pay $40 dollars to get one of those coveted 11x flat stable teebirds, Hey I got a teebird plus and this thing is flat and stable, I can't stand it. It is too frigging stable, I am gonna sell it. Man I hope I can find one of those nice stable 11x teebirds though. I can't believe how stable this teebird plus is.

Why can't innova just make a flat, domey, stable, pearly, understable, gummy, stiff teebird?

Man.

Just throw a Tracker, problem solved.

Teebird Plus ???

Can someone fill me in on the Teebird Plus. I just got one here locally it's a glow cfr. Do they fly the same as a normal teebird? I did notice that there is a little more of a lip around the underside of the disc and it feels a little gummy compared to my 11x. Thanks in advance for any responses.

They are a very stable disc and really dont fly like a regular Teebird. I would say if anything they are more similar to a Striker.

Latest posts