• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Teebird, teebird3 or eagle?

crater77

Birdie Member
Of the three which do you prefer and why? Or what is your favorite fairway driver similar to these three?

I love my teebirds and teebird3s but they're for two different shots IMO. Teebirds for straight shots that I need to fade at the end and teebird3s for my s-curve shots with minimal fade. My mf teebird3s are more understable than my Avery tour series teebirds. I don't really touch eagles.

I prefer the Eagle-X because its easier for me to shape lines with. It also flies very similar lines to Destroyers (just at a shorter distance) which I also throw.

The Teebird is a great disc for true stable lines. Hyzer? Done. Dead straight? Done. Anhyzer? Done. The Teebird makes them all easy. You can never throw an Eagle-X on a rope like you can a Teebird, but at the same time you can't make a Teebird dance in the woods like an Eagle-X can.

Teebird3 is kind of in between the two. It has a mellow high speed turn but doesn't have as much fade as an Eagle-X.

Which one will work for you depends on your style of throwing and what you're looking for the disc to do. Since you asked, another fairway driver I really enjoyed was the F5 from Prodigy. It flew like a Leopard/Valk hybrid for me. Very easy to shape lines with but stable enough to handle power without rolling over.

I dropped my teebird and teebird3 for eagles. I prefer the eagle-L, but think both of those are better than teebirds. I like that I can throw them on hyzer and get the to flip up a little and carry farther than teebirds, as well as shot shaping when thrown flat or with anny.

Another great option is Axiom clash. Mine flew like an eagle-L with a later, but more dumpy fade. It also has a nice flat profile, which I'm a fan of.

The Teebird is a great disc for true stable lines. Hyzer? Done. Dead straight? Done. Anhyzer? Done. The Teebird makes them all easy. You can never throw an Eagle-X on a rope like you can a Teebird, but at the same time you can't make a Teebird dance in the woods like an Eagle-X can.

Teebird because of this. I like to pair a Leopard with it for line shaping duties.

Has anyone tried the mint alpha yet? Hearing lots of good things may be worth a go

If I had to pick one mold for all my fairways, it would be the Eagle-X.

I have lots of fairways, 6-8 speed is a range I really like. I have Gazelles, Teebirds, Cheetahs, Leopards, Tls, FDs and a stack of different Eagles.

I could drop them all and bag Eagles; one 170gr Dx , one 165gr Star and one 175gr star or champ and not feel handicapped in the least, (Well, actually that is what I pretty much bag anyway). They forehand well, backhand, line shape and can be thrown pretty straight, the DX will do just about anything a Teebird will do, and beat DX Eagles freaking bomb!

So yeah, it's the Eagle for me!:p

I picked up a few legacy rivals and I'm in love. Very similar to teebirds. Maybe a little faster and a hair less stable. I found myself getting some impressive distance off the tee today with them. I think I've found my fairways driver!

I have had Teebirds that I adore, but for the most part they were either bought or traded for old PFN guys that still had some HSS because t had the fade beaten off.

Were I to have all options available, I would say the PFN star Teebirds are the absolute best.

If you said to me, replace your current fairways with Innova today. I'd go buy two star eagle-x and one Eagle-l.

The can do most Teebird things almost like a Teebird, but no Teebird can fly on the snaky lines on an Eagle.

if you've never thrown an eagle on a rope, you have no business throwing eagles.

In the same manner, if you've never been able to throw a Teebird on anything but a rope, you're doing it wrong.

(royal "you" - not you specifically odysseus)

My favorite fairway of all time is the Teebird. There's been many times over the years when it was the only fairway mold in my bag. A seasoned Teebird is an amazing disc. It will hyzerflip to flat & just hold straight. New Teebirds are great for straight shots with a little fade. Plus they hold an anhyzer line beautifully without turning & burning. There's a reason it's such a popular mold, believe the hype.

The other fairway mold in my bag is the FD. As I just said I love beat up Teebirds. I still have a few backups that fly great but they're mostly 11x & early period 12x. It takes Champion Teebirds quite awhile to get beat in. After losing two beat up Teebirds in a pond this year, I started throwing FDs. I carry a C-Line & an S-Line. The S-Line has more turn than the C-Line. The S-Line replaced my Leopard3. Now I don't have to be nervous throwing over water because FDs are easy to replace. I also carry PDs & Firebirds but I don't consider them to be true fairway drivers.

In the same manner, if you've never been able to throw a Teebird on anything but a rope, you're doing it wrong.

(royal "you" - not you specifically odysseus)
I've got a freakish one, champ 175 with the disc golf world tour stamp, nearly as OS as my Banshee. That's what's great about Teebirds, you can bag flippy DX's & Gstars for turnover duties as well as champ & star that range from stable to overstable. I throw lots of fairways but could just bag 4 or 5 teebirds and have everything I need.

....says the guy who can't throw eagles properly :doh:

don't be so sensitive.

you didn't create the eagle mold, so you're not getting any credit for your "skills".

I have about 20 eagles, I know how to throw them. I actually got my friend, who got me into disc golf, to really start throwing eagles, after what he saw me do with them.

Eagles, you have to account for the turn and the fade.

Teebirds, you don't really have to account for either as much.

But you're a guy who judges other people's abilities based on nothing, so explaining anything to you is a pointless task.

Last edited:
All are good discs. Lately I have been using Teebird3's and having a lot of success so ill stay with them for now and rotate a regular teebird when the course/conditions fit better. Whatever you do its what works for you an Eagle a TB or T3 no matter we'll getcha to yo ho lickity split, no shizt, Then you be sittin' on yo couch with a fat splif thinkin' we was some crazy azs angel. Hell, these thick, fat-azs vessels cut up in the air SO DEEP it be cryin'. Yeah, you thought it was rain. So at Innova, sit back and relax and let those punk-azs co-workers of yours, catch the vapors as you be off, and up out. You goin'? We Fly you derr, You been? We done already flew up in there. We got you covered like a Jimmy Hat. Cuz at Innova, we loves us some flyin' and it be showin' like a muthafuka

Popping in with the dx viking oddball suggestion.

I myself go banshee or orc on this situation but it has a few drawbacks
1 have to have a beat banshee and fresh
2 orc and eagle don't pair as well as orc/wraith teeb/eagle-x etc.

My "idk" car bag is teeb banshee viking wraiths

Latest posts