• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Teebirds

CincyRocs

Bogey Member
I have a question about Champion Teebirds that I really haven't found an answer for (there might be a thread about I dunno, sorry if there is)

Is there any difference between 11x and 12x Champion Teebirds?

I have a question about Champion Teebirds that I really haven't found an answer for (there might be a thread about I dunno, sorry if there is)

Is there any difference between 11x and 12x Champion Teebirds?

throw in 10x as well.

Hard to say. There were lots of runs of the 11X, and there have been at least two runs of 12X. They sort of vary from run to run. Generally, the domey stiff TeeBirds are really overstable. The flat opaque TeeBirds are less stable. I've seen both types with both stamps. From what I've seen the more overstable ones are more likely to be an 11X, but you really have to keep your eyes open.

As I recall the 10X were KC Pros, not Champ. Some of the 11X were KC Pros as well, although the plastic was CE/Proline/Champ-ish. The KC's varied as well. Some are very overstable, some are beat in DX stable. Again, you have to watch the dome.

So, you can't really tell from the stamp. If you want an overstable TeeBird, domey is the ticket. If you want one that is less stable out of the box, flat is where it's at.

Hard to say. There were lots of runs of the 11X, and there have been at least two runs of 12X. They sort of vary from run to run. Generally, the domey stiff TeeBirds are really overstable. The flat opaque TeeBirds are less stable. I've seen both types with both stamps. From what I've seen the more overstable ones are more likely to be an 11X, but you really have to keep your eyes open.

I have several 11x run champ teebirds. Of the two in my bag, I have an opaque one which is less stable than the clear one, although they are both still stable discs.

Three Putt,
do you know if there were any significant changes between the 11x run and the 12x run?

Is that the general rule for all discs?
Again, it depends. As a general rule slower discs are more stable when they are flat. As a general rule faster discs are more stable when they have some dome. A discs that is in-between speeds like the TeeBird could be either/or.

do you know if there were any significant changes between the 11x run and the 12x run?
Not that I'm aware of. The Eagles get crazy to track becasue they flip-flop back between the X and L mold. The TeeBird so far as I'm aware of has used only the X mold in the 11x and 12x.

Had a domey (aka new champ) tbird and it was def more stable than my flat 11x KC Pro.
I bought an X-out star wraith that is extra domey (new seen another one like this) and its hella overstable, so I concur on this domey trend.

However, if you really want a Teebird thats less stable than the current domey versions, rather than scrounging for an old KC pro version (found my 11x by chance), it might be easier to just buy a TL.

Latest posts