• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

TeeJay88's Bag

TeeJay88

Bogey Member
After a 3 year break, part in do to my old roommate stealing a bunch of my plastic so he and his crackhead friends could play, im started throwing again and am almost finished with my disc load out.

Vitals:
Years playing/experience:8 years
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right-handed
Throwing Style: RHBH, some OH, some flicking
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver: Wizard: 200'; Buzzz/Roc: 275/300'; Teebird: 330/350'

Optional:
Sex: M
Injuries/handicaps?: Gash on the bottom of foot so I limp at the moment, but not permanent.
Other sport proficiencies?: Hunting
Immediate and long-term goals: Increase my short game and long anhyzers.

Bag:Voodoo Mojo

Drivers (weight/plastic/model/(condition)/use):
2 175 Star Teebird
1 175 Champ Teebird(night discing)
1 175 Champ Firebird
1 175 Champ Wraith(Really stable)
1 167 Star Wraith(Long anhyzers)

Mids:
1 175 KC Pro Roc(beat)
1 175 DX SM Roc(really beat)
1 180 DX Roc(beat but still stable)
1 180 R-Pro Roc(really stiff and still new)
1 175 Elite Z Buzzz(I dont throw buzzzs anymore just for emergencies)

Putters:
174 DX XD-main putter, 170 Champ Classic Roc, 175 SS Wizard-(really beat)

I plan on adding a 175 Star Roc for a more consistently straight roc and a 165-167 Champ Teebird for a slighty less stable TeeBird.

Get some understable discs. They will make it easier to hit long anhyzer lines that hold for a while before coming back. I would say to look at a Comet or Meteor for a mid, and something like an Xpress for an understable driver.

I have a meteor, I've had a comet, I just prefer my rocs, and I have an archangel and monarch, but they just don't it for me. I can get my wraith way out there to the left and have it come back to the right and hold it on the float. Alot of the discraft that I have usually ends up in the not used anymore crate.

I plan on adding a 175 Star Roc for a more consistently straight roc and a 165-167 Champ Teebird for a slighty less stable TeeBird.

Weight and Stability are not correlated. PLH has the most influence when comparing stability between two of the same discs. That said, you may see the disc act differently because you're able to get it a lighter disc up to speed faster.

I have an archangel and monarch, but they just don't it for me. I can get my wraith way out there to the left and have it come back to the right and hold it on the float.

These are 2 innova molds that few people throw.

As others have said, I'd say try some other understable driver(s) like a Leopard or River

It seems like you have all you need for the courses you play. my star wraith is the same. I put 350' anhysers on it and it rarely comes back(only if wind brings it back). You could try getting a fairway roller. That's the only thing I think you are missing. The buzzz can leave because your rocs are really beat in. looks pretty solid.

Weight and Stability are not correlated. PLH has the most influence when comparing stability between two of the same discs. That said, you may see the disc act differently because you're able to get it a lighter disc up to speed faster.

This is the type of info I love, the physics of the disc has becoming increasingly interesting.

These are 2 innova molds that few people throw.

As others have said, I'd say try some other understable driver(s) like a Leopard or River

Roadrunner is a great understable disc for long anny shots and hyzer flip blazers. Super underrated.

I want to add an understable driver to the bag, I love the roadrunner, I just dont want them to be added to the stack on unused plastic, I've been to a huge chunk of courses in Wisconsin like Highbridge, Telemark, and my hometown course is Standing Rocks, and I never us really understable discs because Ive been trying to stick with Keep It Simple Stupid.

It seems like you have all you need for the courses you play. my star wraith is the same. I put 350' anhysers on it and it rarely comes back(only if wind brings it back). You could try getting a fairway roller. That's the only thing I think you are missing. The buzzz can leave because your rocs are really beat in. looks pretty solid.

I never really do rollers, Ive tried, and am capable I just never found the ability to as accurate as I would like.

One other understable driver from Innova is the Sidewinder. My fiance has a 150 dx sidewinder that hyzer-flips for her beautifully. If you didn't really want to add any additional discs to the bag to at least experiment with some of the suggested discs, why post the bag critique thread? Basically, why ask for advice if you don't plan on acting on it.

One thing to try would be to trade some of that unused plastic here on the marketplace for something that you would like to try... It would be much cheaper this way.

Alright guys hows this for an addition to my bag, Star Roc for the consistency of a fresh roc, and a Champ Leopard. I threw my wifes tonight, first time using the disc, I knew nothing about it, but from the feel of the rim, I felt like it would be understable so I released it with a small hyzer, it leveled out, then turned over slightly and came back and hit the pole. Threw it again on the last hole, same throw, same release, parked.

The Leo is a good addition to your bag. It excels at hyzerflips and can be thrown on tight wooded lines easily.

As far as the roc, I don't like Star Rocs personally. They are not as stable the KC Pros and I just don't like the feel. I prefer Star/Star like plastic generally but it just doesn't feel right in a roc.

Ok, I dont have my leopard yet, waiting for my buddy to pay me for my old bag and straps I sold to him, but I do have a pretty stable star roc, I threw in my monarch for something understable because it was just sitting around, and I couldnt resist, I found a X-0ut 150 champ TeeBird for $9, I was hoping it would be like the old 150 DX Teebird I use to have, you could release that at a 45 degree angle and it would level out and go forever and that was when it was brand new.

Latest posts