• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Tell me about your Underworld...

Necrobump for the Underworld!

Just put this disc back in my bag. Way more fun than I ever remember it to be. Makes me regret ever taking it out!

I threw a underworld as my first real turnover disc, had an ace with that disc. Was like Cranberry swirl. Lost it at a big tourney last year. Used Hatchets instead for a while. Recently bought another underworld, it is domier than the last one so it is not quite as understable which is PERFECT. Such an amazing flight out of this disc. Whenever I throw it everyone immediately asks which it was, endless glidey turnovers and anny's forever

My VIP Underworld is sitting in the trunk of my car. Loved the plastic but wasn't too big on the disc itself. It had a few utility uses but nothing I wanted to lug around. Sweet artwork though.

This was a disc I carried specifically for a couple holes that require big annys that hold all the way down. Also great for stand still lasers. I lost that disc a week or so ago and have filled the gap, but not 100% to my liking. Im making do with a River until I season up another underworld

I always felt the Underworld was very sensitive. Similar to river, it can behave very differently depending on how release it.

The glide is in fact insane. My VIP is a touch more stable than my Star Tern and typically flies about 20 feet further.

I'm very surprised to read that. My 172 VIP Underworld is way, way less stable than my 162 Star Tern. My old 167 VIP Underworld was more stable than my heavier one, but it was still less stable than my Tern. The Underworld is a powered down finesse hyzer flip disc for me. When I go for a full rip I need to give it an extreme 60 degree hyzer and it will still turn. It's *very* understable

OK. Please note I am saying Star Tern and not Champ Tern. I put my Star Tern at -4 whereas I would put Underworld 167 VIP at -3 to -3.5 so not a big dif. Just a touch. My 2 cents.

How does the Tournament Recycled plastic compare to Tournament or VIP in stability? I keep tying out Trilogy stuff and it keeps not making the bag but I want to try the Underworld.

How does the Tournament Recycled plastic compare to Tournament or VIP in stability? I keep tying out Trilogy stuff and it keeps not making the bag but I want to try the Underworld.

Hmmm. Not sure that Lat64 molds anything for Westside in a recycled plastic. If you want one cheap, try the DGCR marketplace, or a misprint. Marshallstreetdiscgolf.com has them on sale for 10.44 right now.

My experience with Recycled Gold line from Lat64 hasn't been great. I have found the blend to be slippery feeling.

Has anyone else noticed that the Elasto Underworld is a bit more stable than the VIP, and the VIP is a bit more stable than the Tournament plastic?

Hmmm. Not sure that Lat64 molds anything for Westside in a recycled plastic. If you want one cheap, try the DGCR marketplace, or a misprint. Marshallstreetdiscgolf.com has them on sale for 10.44 right now.

My experience with Recycled Gold line from Lat64 hasn't been great. I have found the blend to be slippery feeling.

Yeah. Grabbed an X-out Recycled Underworld just to try.

Broke out a fresh VIP Underworld this weekend - Man, I had gome really nice tailwind drives with it - the glide was out of this world. I'd been using a beat River for that slot, which I threw into a lake, but I'm keeping the Underworld for now. Easy controlable distance.

I remember now why I made my avatar a couple years ago.

I love my Underworld. My current one is a bit less stable than my old one, it's definitely hyzer flip to turnover when I power it up. I like to throw it in tailwind, uphill and in the woods. The glide is INSANE, I think the '6' is a bit underrated, a glide rating of '7' would be appropriate

The glide is INSANE, I think the '6' is a bit underrated, a glide rating of '7' would be appropriate

Indeed, I had a few misthrows that kind of bailed out, but they were still out there where I consider good drives to end up.

My moonshine underworld is pretty similar to my vip seer. Feels slightly faster and slightly more stable throughout its flight than the seers, which I'm pretty sure is contrary to its markings.

My Underworld is also stuck in my travel disc bag in the back of my frIends car who isn't throwing since he injured his arm. I miss it but seers work fine.

I haven't really bagged the Underworld this summer, but I brought it out with me today for some field work. And boy, what an amazing disc. I ripped it on an extreme hyzer, it flipped up, turned a bit before it faded back. The flight reminded me of a big arm throwing a Destroyer 550ft+, except that it went way shorter of course. I don't got a big arm, but I got the Underworld out to about 320. It has so much glide that I'm getting good distance out of it. It's honestly just marginally shorter than a Tern for my arm. Very underrated disc IMO. Glides for days, very user friendly.

I show up yesterday at my local course (Tall Firs in Monroe, WA) looking for a new understable fairway driver as I just lost my Vision and wanted to try something new. I talk with the owner at the pro shop and he recommends throwing some of their tester discs (they only carry Westside) so I threw the Underworld, the Seer, and something else. I like the Underworld, I buy it and start playing with almost exclusively that one new disc. Anyway here is my experience with it:

I noticed it's slow but seems like a distance driver, seems to cut through the air pretty fast and also glide like crazy. I was throwing mine on hyzer flips, watching it flip flat for about 300 feet and then the last 30 Feet or so fade to the right like it was thrown left handed! I've been looking for this flight for a decade or so now and then when I get it with this disc it also increased my distance; I haven't thrown 320+ feet in a long time. This is the disc my hyzer flip, slow plastic loving self has been looking for! It's also nice to try some new plastic as I haven't bought much since the "speed" craze took over. My first Westside disc; mine is the star style plastic (tournament?) and I'm thinking about picking up the champ one now too which I also threw of the tester discs at the shop. Just in time for the rainy season do I get excited about a new disc. Cheers!

~ The Bizz

I show up yesterday at my local course (Tall Firs in Monroe, WA) looking for a new understable fairway driver as I just lost my Vision and wanted to try something new. I talk with the owner at the pro shop and he recommends throwing some of their tester discs (they only carry Westside) so I threw the Underworld, the Seer, and something else. I like the Underworld, I buy it and start playing with almost exclusively that one new disc. Anyway here is my experience with it:

I noticed it's slow but seems like a distance driver, seems to cut through the air pretty fast and also glide like crazy. I was throwing mine on hyzer flips, watching it flip flat for about 300 feet and then the last 30 Feet or so fade to the right like it was thrown left handed! I've been looking for this flight for a decade or so now and then when I get it with this disc it also increased my distance; I haven't thrown 320+ feet in a long time. This is the disc my hyzer flip, slow plastic loving self has been looking for! It's also nice to try some new plastic as I haven't bought much since the "speed" craze took over. My first Westside disc; mine is the star style plastic (tournament?) and I'm thinking about picking up the champ one now too which I also threw of the tester discs at the shop. Just in time for the rainy season do I get excited about a new disc. Cheers!

~ The Bizz

Paul Clark is the best!

Welcome to the glory that is the TP Underworld, Bizz.

The best, controllable, flip, that I've ever seen. I always have people asking me "How did that fade right?" You can also play with nose angle and get a slow, glidey fade to the left.

One of the few discs I can't play a round without. I have several different bags, (for quick rounds, wooded, open, long, short courses) There is TP Underworld in every one.