• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Tell the truth...

I noticed that when I got a Kong bag over a year ago I started carrying twice as many discs. (Although recently I've been trying to scale back.)

There's two schools of thought on this. Throw the same every shot and let the disc do the work or modify your shot with the same couple of discs. It's a matter of preference.

My home course is pretty diverse and can go from no wind to 40 mph during a round. I would rather have than have not but it's always nice to carry extra beer.

The extra discs are for distracting the guys you are playing with while you manipulate the score card.

if you know( i mean really know them?) the discs in your bag then you should play better. if your going to use a disc at an important time you better know what itll do if not take it out after u practice.

There are courses I can play with 2 or 3 discs. Most pitch & putts I can play with a putter and one or two Rocs, depending on if the course has a lot of anhyzer shots or not.

Back in the day on better courses I used four molds: Aviar, Roc, Cyclone, Banshee. That was all you needed circa 1998. Now with all the high-speed drivers and the longer courses, I'm forced to carry more drivers. I'm not happy about it, but it is what it is. The better courses require a wider variety of discs these days.

I now carry up to seven different kinds of discs and 17-20 total discs, but on a good day I'll only actually throw eight or nine discs. The rest are backups.

if you know( i mean really know them?) the discs in your bag then you should play better. if your going to use a disc at an important time you better know what itll do if not take it out after u practice.

Nice.... knowing (trusting) your discs (line) is crucial. Once that trust is there, it is all up to your mind-heart connection to do the rest.... quantum BABY!!!!!

I can picture him talking to the camera. "The best disc in my bag is my #2 pencil."

Dudes, let start that new thread.... lets write a script to-get-her (our mother--earth back). We are smart enough, funny enough, etc.... lets send to CBS or whoever ther poop airs The Office..... or-gan-ize (eyes).... the vision has to be more than half the "battle"

Guys... how I wish I could spend all hours of the day getting this beautiful life game of DG's "party started". My current "real job" is consum ing @ least 70-80 hours a week of my time.

We have to get the true essence of DG out there... let people know about the GREATEST GAME IN THE WORLD

I have 10 in my bag - I don't throw them all

Drivers
- Roadrunner - throw it for most every Drive in light to no wind - we are friends
- Valkeryie - throw it for just a little more distance and if I'm throwing the RR badly
- Z Flash - for when I need to lie to myself and believe that I can throw it farther then my Valk
- Boss - can't throw this well, but if there is sig. wind it will go straight (not farther) and not sail away

Mid
- one Buzzz - nothing else needed

Putters
- one xd for flick approaches
- one Dart (replaced aging XD above as putter)
- one Pig for high wind putts and short rollers out of the woods

one back-up buzzz and I have no idea what I'm doing with the other 3 drivers in my bag.

Dudes, let start that new thread.... lets write a script to-get-her (our mother--earth back). We are smart enough, funny enough, etc.... lets send to CBS or whoever ther poop airs The Office..... or-gan-ize (eyes).... the vision has to be more than half the "battle"

Guys... how I wish I could spend all hours of the day getting this beautiful life game of DG's "party started". My current "real job" is consum ing @ least 70-80 hours a week of my time.

We have to get the true essence of DG out there... let people know about the GREATEST GAME IN THE WORLD
Disc Golf was already featured in "Zoey 101". Do we really need more publicity than that?!?

Here's the synopsis from Amazon.com:

In an attempt to get out of gym class, the kids expose a loophole in PCA policy and form a Disc Golf team.

I do score better with a bag full of discs because knowledge is power, right GI Joe? I have a minimalist approach now but it took a lot of soul searching and field work to get to my Teebird, roc, warlock, starfire, skeeter, sidewinder, and xcal.

The discs that are ALWAYS in my bag are:

Force - Big and overstable
Predator - Most dependable driver in my bag

Avenger - My straight disc
Xpress - Right turns and hyzer flips
ESP Surge - My pure distance disc
Z Surge

Buzzz - Has never left my bag
Wasp - Headwind Mid
Meteor - Smooth right turns and hyzer flips
Roc - Same as the Buzzz, never left.

Magnet

That's 10 different discs, and I have a couple surges that I use for different situations.

I carry about 16 discs with me, but I've got a disc for every situation. That way I don't have to change the discs I'm carrying because the course is short or long, or because it's a windy day.

I have a backup of nearly every disc in my bag, but those stay at home or in the car.

I do the exact same thing. The only back up I carry is an extra Soft Magnet, and that way if I loose my approach, or for some reason, I loose my putter, I that disc can back up either one. I only bring my extras to the course on tournament days. I also carry a Dragon for shots around water, and a Hydra if I have to approach/putt around water. I leaned that from my brother when he lost his putter when it rolled down hill and went into a creek and gone forever.

I carry as many as I can. I don't want to end up in a situation where I am saying to myself, "I wish I had that disc with me." I carry 29 discs in my bag and I can tell you exactly what hole/shot I use each one on. In a tournament setting where you are playing several rounds in a day or more, it is kind of a pain to carry a heavy bag. You can always get a caddy though. I'd say my bag weighs about 25-30 pounds fully loaded. That is really not too bad with the back saver straps.

I agree. I went out of town, and I had taken my Banshee out of my bag thinking I didn't need it. I played a course for the first time with some locals, and they were useing the Banshee on several of the holes. They made great shots, and I had to use what I had brought, and kept wishing I had my Banshee back in the bag. Its not back in the bag and not coming out again except to shoot with.

Sometimes you need a specialty disc for a certain shot.

I carry the larger bag, so I can have a few beers with me on the course... I am still new to the game, and like having 10-15 discs with, so I can experiment and see what each disc will do... I have never been a guy that likes to practice(whether it was bowling, golf, or anything else)... I just want to play...

If you are new to the game, you might want to hit the practice field and try some discs out. This nice thing about that, is you can trim the fat and figure out what discs work and what discs don't before you hit the course.

Latest posts