• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Telulah Park Appleron

so I guess we'll get a new course and still have 9 holes (5 decent ones) in at telulah. I don't know where they would build a course on the south side of the city, but I am hopeful as they said "a well designed 18 hole course". I just hope it has some wooded holes. Two locations I could think of that might have some room is Alicia park, and the old riverview golf course.

Last edited:
heres the e-mail reply I got

Hello,

Thank you for your email and giving us the ability to answer your concern. We to are disappointed in the need to shut down the 9-holes on the hill. Unfortunately, the need to protect and preserve the hillside is of highest priority and a responsibility we cannot ignore. The hill has seen substantial damage, tree roots are being exposed, vegetation is disappearing, etc. The City of Appleton received two opinions from local civil engineers regarding the hillside damage and both concluded that the 9-hole course had to be removed to prevent further deterioration and damage that would be irreversible.

We have been working on obtaining land on the south side of the City in which we could build a well designed 18 hole disc golf course. We were hoping that we could at least wait until a new course was opened before closing the 9 holes at Telulah. Unfortunately we were unable to do that. We understand the need for disc golf and continue to ensure it is considered wherever and whenever the opportunity would arise.

We share your disappointment, but ask for your understanding.

Sincerely,

Dean R. Gazza, CPRE, CFM, PMP, LEED-AP

Director of Parks, Recreation and Facilities Management

1819 East Witzke Boulevard

Appleton, WI 54911-8401

Phone: (920) 832-5572

Fax: (920) 993-3103

That's a bummer. On the bright side, this is the kind of communication disc golfers in most communities would never receive. If we heard something like that around here from a Parks official we would all keel over from shock.

Yes it sucks loseing one in the city hopefully we get a new one put in soon there are a lot if parks the would work great Peabody around th edge of the park weaving in and out of the woods is a great choice hopefully they get someone good to design it and it stays free!

I threw a temp tourney with 20 baskets at Peabody in the 90s; was a grand time; with some crazy water holes in play and different 45 different pin positions (a number of discs were lost in the Fox River that day!). However, Peabody can not hold even nine holes; with the land that truely and only belongs to the park.

And peabody isn't really on the south side, its just across the river from telulah. That temp tourney sounds like it was a lot of fun, to bad I may have not even been born or was an infant!

It seems like the closer you get to the creek in th back of th park th more room there is plus putting pads pins up and down some o the Gil around th park would make it cool short but fun like a volthrath type park either way hopefully some with th power makes up there minds being on town we could get a lot of volentiers:) hopefully

It seems like the closer you get to the creek in th back of th park the more room there is plus putting pads pins up and down some o the hills around th park would make it cool short but fun like a volthrath type park either way hopefully some with th power makes up there minds being on town we could get a lot of volentiers:) hopefully

Fair amount of downed and damaged trees at O'hauser Park (from the ice storm today), for any of the locals looking at this thread. Work days, chain saw encouraged, next four Saturdays, (roughly) noon to 4 p.m.

Can any of you Appleton folks confirm if Telulah is down to nine holes now? Latest review suggests that it has. That may have bearings on whether or not the existing page (which still says 18) needs to be retired. Thanks.

Latest posts