• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Tenth Annual ST. LOUIS OPEN - June 13&14, 2015

stubborn puppet

Birdie Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
47Kwwvo.png

It's time once again for one of the most popular A-Tier events in the country.
As always, the members of the River City Flyers (St. Louis Disc Golf Club, St. Charles Co. Disc Golf Club, Sharpshooters DGC and Southern Illinois Chain Gang) are working hard to make sure players have their most amazing tournament experience yet.

We've got 5 top notch, championship courses scheduled with flights being paired with a challenge suitable to their level of play.

• Sioux Passage
  • Briscoe Woods
  • Willmore Park
  • Jefferson Barracks
  • Endicott Park

This flyer has most of the pertinent details, but we'll also get a copy of the Player's Guide as soon as it's finished.

QLjW17O.jpg

Also, as always for the St. Louis Open, we're putting together one of the best Player's Packs you'll find anywhere. Ask anyone whose been in previous years, it's fantastic. We'll update you with a full list and images of everything once it's available... but here's a couple of teasers:

veKm1yY.jpg

BziVY90.jpg

2gt7JhR.jpg

You can pre-register at Disc Golf Scene - http://www.discgolfscene.com/tournaments/2015_St_Louis_Open

Just hit me up with any questions... we're looking forward to having you!

Are they still in need of assistant T.D's?

Each course has a "Course TD" that is PDGA certified, but I think we still have need for folks to help them out with all of the craziness involved in scorecards, leaderboards, etc., when it comes to coordinating across 5 courses over 2 days.

I will PM you with some contact information for our lead TD.

Thanks for stepping up!

Hey, I also meant to mention that this is the weekend before the KC Wide Open. There's not much of an easier drive, with plenty of courses in-between than that. Just over 3 hours from St. Louis to Kansas City.

Just sayin' "It's a no brainer."

I'm going to find out tonight how many slots are still available to sign up and I'll report back. However, this event was full a week ahead of time last year, which was 5 days sooner than 2013... so don't wait! (but keep checking if you're on a last minute sort of schedule)

Also, for all of you who've asked me for an advanced copy or PDF, I'll be posting a link to a web view of the Player's Guide either tonight or tomorrow.

As promised, here is the PDF version of the Player's Guide: 2015 St. Louis Open Player's Guide

We ask that players be aware that some Pools and Divisions might be altered to accommodate actual player turnout to ensure that everyone has a reasonable amount of time to play their courses and finish on time, as well as that they have cards to play on. Thank you.

Some slight updates to the guide this morning (as is always the case with these sorts of things), nothing major.

2015 St. Louis Open Player's Guide

As for the number of slots open, it looks like we still actually have room for about 100 people. This is usually the norm a couple of weeks out from event date and players sign up like crazy in the last 4 days. But, like I said, we were fully booked 5 days before the date last year... so don't wait.

The final player's pack items have started to arrive and everything is looking very, very sweet. We've even got a few very cool surprises in store for round card leaders and the like.

We've got a team planning some great side games to help you fill the time between and after rounds. We've got another brand new order of new discs and merch coming in to stock our huge club store inventory.

We've also got a great players party on Saturday Night at a wonderful venue called "The Sports Café". We did this last year and everyone had a great time with lots of great food and drink... a killer game of disc golf "HORSE" outside... and even some drunken dancing. ;) It was some of the most fun I've ever had and expect an easily more memorable party this year.

Thanks everyone.

Really only one in open right now?

Only one "pro" right now. It's a real stumper. We usually have 30+ and there were no complaints last year (except that one guy who tried to cheat and... well, enough of that). Of course, the pro's often seem to be the last to sign up.

The way I see it though, that's a lot more of that guarantee and added cash to go around. Who wants to step up from Am to Pro?

I've been joking that I am going to sign up for Pro if we don't have another few when the field is almost full. That joke might not sound so funny in a few days... we'll see.

Wish I could make it down this year, was planning on it, but saving my vacation days for Worlds

Had a good time last year

Now we're starting to cook. Sorry Bee, you've got company.
From what I hear, we also have a bunch of folks who've registered in person because of problems with or an aversion to electronic payments. So, though I don't have an exact count right now, the field is more full than it looks.

I should have a full picture spread of the entire contents of the Player's Packs later tonight or tomorrow morning. Check back, it's looking really good.

For those who still have not booked a hotel, there is a Red Roof Inn that is located on the same site as the Sports Cafe. I think rooms are roughly $50 for the night and I think you might be able to get a discount off of that for being a PDGA member.

I heard talk over the weekend that there are a lot of Pro's that absolutely are attending, but just "haven't got around to it" yet.

Here you go:
Round-tuit1.jpg

I know I'm still behind on getting those pics of the full player's packs posted, but in the meantime, here's a very tasty update:

All Sunday card winners will receive a numbered, limited edition of 90, two color/two stamp Gateway on a special plastic blend. Just look at these! The stamps are insane amounts of awesome. The lighting was better near the upper left half of the picture and gets too dark near the lower right corner, but you get the idea - it's literally a metallic background with another detail stamp on top. They've never done this before!

So, just a little incentive to really perform on Sunday, cuz that's the only way to get one.

OUKaZmO.jpg

1Wr5q5a.jpg

Latest posts